Why Did You Trade Csco?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Wasted_Daytrade, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Trajan

Trajan

Sorry!!!
    1. Lots of options volume

2. I trade options

3. I can trade stock against my option position and make money, at least for the last two trading day.

I don't use supermontage or level II. Also, I can't trade the first couple of hours of the day worth damn but after mid morning, I could see things happening pretty clearly.

#11     Feb 5, 2003
  2. Becuase I mistake it for that other sysco guy .

#12     Feb 5, 2003
  3. So are you just big on trading for rebates or are you hoping traders contact you to start rebate trading for you? I have noticed most all your posts end up talking about all the money in rebate trading. I started a thread awhile ago asking about rebate traders and where they were at with the lowered rebates on the ecns, disapperance of $2 stocks because of reverse splits, and supermontage. Almost no one answered back so I assumed all the rebate traders as yourself disappeared. I am sure there are some still making money doing it though.

#13     Feb 5, 2003
  4. Let's not be too critical of Wasted Daytrade.
    He's clearly a master-rebater.

#14     Feb 5, 2003
  5. rs7

rs7

I agree with the "tight spreads" on CSCO. But when the stock does not move, as is often the case, these tight spreads make for almost impossible trades. If I am paying a 1 cent commission, and the stock is spread in 1/10th of a cent increments (and I have seen even smaller, I guess because the "liquidity traders" are looking to beat the next guy by 100th of a cent"......well, it takes quite a few "ticks" to cover my penny in and penny out.

CSCO has gone from being a stock that comprised, at one time, almost 10% of all my trades to virtually zero.

Imagine when we were trading and these stocks all had 1/8th point spreads (pre decimalization). Would we pay a commission of a dollar or $1.25 a share? To me, that's the math.

Peace,
    :)rs7

#15     Feb 5, 2003
  6. Liquidity trading might be coming to an end .......... Rumor has it that instinet might be lowering their rebate down to a $1 or less. That is the bad news !!!!

But the good news is that I hear they might be lowering their charges down to anywhere from a $1 - $2 per 1000 from the $3 per 1000 they currently charge. And since Inca/Isld are the industry leaders........ other ECN's and SM will be probably follow.

Check the instinet website over the next few weeks to see if this rumor becomes a reality.

#16     Feb 5, 2003
  7. Boomer

Boomer

i dont day trade csco. i use it through my option trading, and short term swing trades. it has been a very good stock for me with those two approaches in mind.

#17     Feb 5, 2003