Why did you lie about Johnny, tntneo???

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by smitty, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You'll be waiting a long time because there's nothing for tntneo to respond to. I'm the one who did the banning and much of the "censoring", so if you have a question for me, go for it.

#11     Jun 19, 2003
  2. okwon

okwon

OK I'll ask. Baron, why did he get banned?

#12     Jun 19, 2003
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Well, aside from his posts violating our member agreement by containing excessive profanity and vulgarity, I received numerous complaints about the unnecessary crudeness of his posts.

ALL MEMBERS SHOULD KEEP THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:

When you signed up to become a member of the site, you agreed to a very simple set of rules regarding the content of your posts. If your posts violate the terms of our member agreement, your posts will be edited or possibly deleted. If you continually post content that violates our rules, you will be banned.

It's really very simple. There is a code of conduct here, and if anyone does not want to be accountable to that code, they should not register and participate. And for those who are already members and for whatever reason no longer want to abide by our simple and reasonable rules, they should move to a different online community.

If a member wants to totally waste their time by posting a bunch of garbage, that's up to them, because I (and the moderators) will not hesitate to hit the delete button. It makes no difference to me whether a person has put countless hours into their posts. I can delete one hundred posts just as fast as I can delete one.

In terms of warning a user, I can't guarantee that there will be any warnings at all because I don't have time to treat adults like children. Our rules are very simple: No Advertising (unless you are a site sponsor) and No Crude Posts. A crude post includes those posts that contain excessive profanity, personal attacks, vulgarity, sexually explicit content, etc.

I think we all have a basic sense of when a person has crossed the line. But for those few who are so out of control, or just plain stupid, that they don't know where the line is, the moderators step in and show them where the line is. And again, if any user does not like where we set the line, they are free to either not join this community or they can simply post on other site where there is more "freedom" to post whatever they want.

And finally, the most important point of all:

Elite Trader is not a democracy. It's a Monarchy.... and I'm the KING. If you don't like my rules, too bad! :D

#13     Jun 19, 2003
  4. gwnorth

gwnorth

nothin like a taste of good ol fashion western justice hallalueya to the king

#14     Jun 19, 2003
  5. okwon

okwon

OK, some of his posts were on the crude side, mainly the ones directed at
    the BS 50 Ph.D. indicator pikers on the site, but the majority of his posts had solid content related to trading. Plus, I don't think the rules are being applied uniformly. Have you seen the flame wars that take place in the Pro Firms forum? Come on! JR was nothing.

I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that most of the complaints probably came from the "gurus and groupies" that were being exposed. Crybabies! They're the ones that are ruining the site(my opinion). Why don't they just stay out of the thread if they don't like the methodology?

Well whatever, like you said, it's your site run it how you want. It's just rare, unique even, that I find a thread that discusses a trading methodology that I find worthwhile to read, and then the poster becomes banned.

#15     Jun 19, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And what if they don't?

If you're prepared to follow through, all to the good. But you're going to have to figure out some way of dealing with deleted posts that are quoted in subsequent posts. The quotes generate as much heat as the original post, one of the reasons why "Ignore" is ineffective.

If you mean what you say, best of luck. If not, I can't imagine why advertisers would waste their money here.

#16     Jun 19, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

If I were in the business of serving traders in some way or another, I wouldn't even think TWICE about trying to sponsor this site in some way and getting exposed to 16000 "traders."

nitro

#17     Jun 20, 2003
  8. I suppose you believe in Santa Claus too.

16000 traders my behind! There are about 200-300 active members here.

The 16000 figure is compiled over a long period of time, from everyone who registered. And I guarantee 90% of them aren't around anymore.

It's always the same 200-300 posters. And you have 3000 posts, and still cannot figure this out?

#18     Jun 20, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

Dude,

Do you know what the ACT of quoting something means, LIKE THIS, "16000" or this, "traders" ?

nitro

#19     Jun 20, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Doesn't make any difference whether you quote it or not. There aren't 16000 anything reading these posts.

#20     Jun 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.