Why did Schwab leave NYSE for Nasdaq

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by birdman, Aug 30, 2006.

1. birdman

birdman

I should have asked way back, but why did schwab leave nyse for nasdaq?

Any ideas?

2. What month and year did the company do it? If it happened during 1999 or 2000, it was probably done to create the appearance that Schwab is a technically-sophisticated, emerging-growth, high-flying company. Being listed on the NASDAQ would be more congruent with those attributes. It could've been done purely for financial reasons if the cost of being listed was cheaper on NASDAQ than the NYSE. Call Chuck for more details.

3. ajacobson

ajacobson

Listing fees .. none on NASDAQ

4. Just relax

5. Better analyst coverage if you trade on NASDAQ. All the market makers will write a favorable report.

6. S2007S

S2007S

nazzdack SCH didnt leave for the nasdaq in 1999 or 2000, it was in 2005.

Reason being:

company made the move because of the Nasdaq's focus on technology and better electronic trading system....

7. S2007S

S2007S

All NYSE stocks should make the switch to the NASDAQ,

NYSE wont be around much longer as the transition is made into electronic trading. NYSE is doing everything the old fashion way.

As for the 6.5 hour trading day, is it 1988 or 2006, enough of the 6.5 hour trading days. Least open trading for 8 hours a day. Hope nasdaq makes a move to open up its trading hours for longer trading days.

8. sevnseat

sevnseat

Blech. are you nuts? 9-5 would kill me personally. I don't know about you're time schedule w/ trading, but i'm up at 6:00 already to read for the morning and to catch up on the overnight markets and to get a bead on the day. Open the market at 9, sure that's fine by me, maybe. But until 5? I'd be clawing my eyeballs out. if you can make enough money rolling out of bed at 9:15 and just plopping in front of the trading platform great, but i personally cant