Why did Obama have to trash the beautiful economy and massive surplus Dubya left him?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Cesko

Cesko

There are so many mags focused on economics why the hell would anyone want to get his econ. information from Newsweek? Confirmation to your lefty bias???

#31     Mar 6, 2009
  2. The article presented facts. Facts don't have a bias. Feel free to separate the facts in the article from the opinions of the writer.

#32     Mar 6, 2009
  3. For the terminally obtuse, the premise of this thread isn't that equity markets have not declined further, as a numerical fact, since Obama took office.

The premise of this thread is that the economy was already in a state of deep recession and government spending had already pushed the budget into deep deficit territory, well before the time Obama was voted into, let alone took, office.

If equity markets are sanguine about 'things,' maybe it's because the economy caught tuberculosis under Dubya's tenure.

#33     Mar 6, 2009
  4. Have you heard any republicans say that we would be better off with John McCain and Lindsey Graham at the helm of the economy?

#34     Mar 6, 2009
  5. I've heard nothing but that, not but from all, but from most Republicans, including ones right in this thread.

Start a thread stating 'Economy Would Be No Better Now Had McCain Won' and see what kind of responses are generated.

#35     Mar 7, 2009
  6. All I hear is attack of Obama, not the greatness of John McCain.

Just like the general election it was all about Palin because the far right didn't want him in the first place, it is hate on Obama, not the beauty of McCain/Graham.

If one of the klannish think McCain would have saved America, let them start the thread.

I do think George Bush has been silent as hell.

Does anyone know where Dick Cheney is?

Bush could really America help right now if he were to come out of hiding and say to the republicans:

"Look, I know what it feels like to be attacked even when you are trying hard to do the right thing. Give Obama some time, will ya? Heck, I don't agree with everything he is doing, but he is the president for goodness sake. We won't have elections for 2010 that matter, and the people really don't want to hear the constant attacks, just look at the nationwide approval rating of Limbaugh. Just give Obama some time to do his thingy, then if things don't get better we will take back Congress, and handcuff him like we did Clinton. We got enough problems without the constant whining from you guys. Give Obama enough rope, let him hang himself. Trust me, I know about hanging myself with enough rope. America has a lot of problems right now, and you guys really aren't helping the party by the way you are behaving. There is plenty of time for the American people to figure out who to vote for in 2010, and if things are as bad as I think they are going to be, we really don't have to say too much."

The ex president by less than 2 months is not the leader of the party, but Rush Limbaugh is? If Bush would speak up and tell the repubs to shut their piehole for a while, I would have a little bit of respect for the guy...just a little bit mind you.

#37     Mar 7, 2009