Why Did Michael Kill The Police Chief and Solatzo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Arnie Guitar, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

cause they needed someone that could get close enough in order to guarantee a hit...other ways could not have placed a hit man in that close of a range..it was explained in the movie itself why mickey was needed

#11     Jan 29, 2007
  2. After mentioning to another ET member IRL that I had just watched this movie on Sunday (for the 1st time in it's entirety), said ET member alerted me to this thread...

Here's the thing.... 'they' didn't send Michael to kill anyone.... In fact, they tried to talk him out of it. If Michael hadn't insisted on doing it, the chief and Solatzo would never have been killed (well, eventually they probably would have, but that's what happens when you're a dirty cop or a mobster)

#12     Jan 30, 2007
  3. Thread Title:

Why Did Michael Kill The Police Chief and Solatzo?

Perhaps you could provide your opinion on Why Did Michael Kill The Police Chief and Solatzo?

They question is not "Why did they send Michael to kill the chief and Solatzo."

Oh, and thanks for sharing...

This is the first time you watched the Godfather in its entirety?

#13     Jan 31, 2007
  4. Actually, I believe Michael answered this question in the film, when Sonny gave him some shit about getting all emotional at the hit on his father.

If I recall, Michael said it was not personal, it was strictly business.

It was a business decision, in the Godfather tradition, business, pure and simple.

#14     Jan 31, 2007
  5. Well, it should have been the thread title, and for that I apologize. If you read my post, it is clearly what I meant.

I maintain that Michael should not have done the killing. One of the soldiers should have done it. Again, Solatzo's and McCluskey's security would not have been far away, and as soon as the gun went off, they would have came running in and the shooter would have been dead. The car that dropped them off would not have left them totally alone.

#15     Jan 31, 2007
  6. Solatzo 'requested' that Michael be the one at the meeting. They believed that it would be safe with him as he wasn't a soldier.

I can't copy and paste because the script is a PDF, but if you go to P52, Sonny explains why Michael has to go to the meeting:

http://www.scenariusze.stopklatka.pl/pdf/Godfather.pdf

#16     Jan 31, 2007
  7. 1st.... um, ok....so I'm an idiot for answering a wrongly worded question? I don't think so.

2nd... Yes. This is the first time I watched the Godfather in its entirety. I'm assuming you've already contacted the FBI, CIA, LAPD and SEC? I'll be waiting for them.

3rd...I can guarantee you that MY opinion on here is more highly regarded than yours so how bout you put your tail between your legs and stfu and gtfo

#17     Jan 31, 2007
  8. 1st.... um, ok....so I'm an idiot for answering a wrongly worded question? I don't think so.

Yes, I am sure you don't think so...

2nd... Yes. This is the first time I watched the Godfather in its entirety. I'm assuming you've already contacted the FBI, CIA, LAPD and SEC? I'll be waiting for them.

Typical dramatic response.

"...and she breaks just like a little girl."

3rd...I can guarantee you that MY opinion on here is more highly regarded than yours so how bout you put your tail between your legs and stfu and gtfo

Perhaps if you ever take a class in logic, and attend it in its entirety you might learn that your comments are fallacious, as popularity of an opinion has nothing to do with a logical foundation to an opinion. The 90 some percent approval that Bush had following certainly didn't his opinion to invade Iraq the right decision.

YOUR opinion may be more popular, but that has nothing to with the accuracy or logical nature of an opinion.

Or are YOU really so hungrily driven to being popular that you think everything is a popularity contest, that popularity makes the most popular opinion the right opinion?

Oh, how Bill O'Reilly of you...

Really Lauren, you might want to stay in the shallow waters of the public pool...

#18     Jan 31, 2007
  9. "Yes, I am sure you don't think so..."
    Well I just said that didn't I?

"Typical dramatic response."
    Seeing as how I clearly stated that it was indeed the first time I'd seen the movie in its entirety, I can only assume that YOU restated that in a form of a question for dramatic purposes so I believe you were the first queen to start the drama dialogue

"..and she breaks just like a little girl.""
    Um, yeah. Lost me there. No clue what that's supposed to mean but a quick search on the internet here as turned up numerous forum post signatures with that in it by a certain poster 'OPTIONAL777'...so I guess it means something to you...and a few of your personalities.

"Perhaps if you ever take a class in logic, and attend it in its entirety you might learn that your comments are fallacious, as popularity of an opinion has nothing to do with a logical foundation to an opinion. The 90 some percent approval that Bush had following certainly didn't his opinion to invade Iraq the right decision.
    YOUR opinion may be more popular, but that has nothing to with the accuracy or logical nature of an opinion.

Or are YOU really so hungrily driven to being popular that you think everything is a popularity contest, that popularity makes the most popular opinion the right opinion?

Oh, how Bill O'Reilly of you..."
    "

Listen.
    A) You don't want to step into the ring with me on the subject of fallacies and logic because not only did I 'attend' all my classes, I majored in Communication theory.

B) I never said my 'opinion' was RIGHT...I said that it was more highly regarded on here. Obviously you don't understand this concept so let me explain...it means that even if you and I shared the exact same opinion on something, people on HERE would give a hell of a lot more weight to MINE than YOURS. It has nothing to do with being right...perhaps you should have gone to elementary school in it's entirety where you might have learned that concept.

C) This is CHIT CHAT not POLITICS so I'm going to pretend that you didn't make a reference to anything concerning the latter.

D) If I cared about being with the 'popular' opinion then you'd probably be able to site for me all the back and forth flip-flopping opinions I've posted or expressed....You are obviously so concerned about making your self noticed on here that you go out of your way to argue with everyone about everything. You know how many user names I have/had on here? 1. You've had double digits and there's a reason for that.

"Really Lauren, you might want to stay in the shallow waters of the public pool... "
    I don't swim in public pools so that's moot.

#19     Feb 1, 2007
  10. "..and she breaks just like a little girl."

Those are some of the lyrics to an old Bob Dylan song, "Just Like A Woman".
    My favorite version is on the "Concert For Bangladesh" album.

Just George Harrison on electric guitar, Leon Russell on electric bass, and Bob on acoustic and harmonica. All three sing the chorus. It's a really neat, impromptu, kinda rough but sincere performance.

If ya get a chance, give it a listen.

#20     Feb 1, 2007