Why did God......

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Of course you are choosing. If you believe in Jesus Christ, then you have to blieve in the Bible. Contrary to your satement, knowing God Word is the key to power and knowledge.

Through out history there have been skeptics like you but they have always been in the minority. Millions of people are experienceing a personal relationship with jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior around the world, here, today, 2000 years after His advent. To voice your peddy argument is laughable at best; and that is commom sense.

As far as believing the sun revolved around the earth, you might be right; but believing that will not determine your eternal destiny; that also is common sense.

Maybe you should seek a personal relationship with God. I have found that most people who try to put up an agrument against God are just seeking out people to validate what they are thinking; the fact is, they are really not sure. There are so many arguments in the complexity of creation that confirms loud and clear that God exsist.

God still loves you regardless of what you are trying to convence yourself to believe.

#41     Jan 19, 2009
  2. The fact is, Adam had some kind of brain power or God would not have asked him to name the animals.

He was not choosing evil and good, he was confronted with respect for his creator, and he had to make the right decision or the wrong one in pure, simple obedience. Adam made the wrong decision because he chose to be disobedient.

#42     Jan 19, 2009
  3. stu

stu

The fact is… non of it is a fact! For goodness sakes don’t make things too absurd. Genesis is bad enough as it is
    A 20 or 30 month old babbie will talk and give animal names but you can't expect it to have enough knowledge to choose to be obedient.

#43     Jan 19, 2009
  4. The first man--Adam, Bort, Joe, Thor, Ravishing Rick Rude, whatever one wants to call him--came into existence over 500 million years after animals.

#44     Jan 19, 2009
  5. You must be one REALLY REALLY old dude to know that as a fact !

#45     Jan 19, 2009
  6. It has nothing to do with my age. It has EVERYTHING to do with the historical record of the earth.

I also believe that the US had a civil war, that George Washington was a real person, and that the Roman Empire did exist, even though I wasn't around for those either.

Do you?

#46     Jan 19, 2009
  7. I can read the first hand accounts of your above referenced historical events, and rest easy that those are historical facts...

When we start trying to pin the "fact" on something that some modern era theorist states happened millions and billions of years ago, well, it smells like "faith" to me.

#47     Jan 19, 2009
  8. Your analysis is correct so far.
    Consider that what sets man up for failure is nOt really GoD, but something posing as GoD.
    This opens a pandoras box.

Christ!

#48     Jan 19, 2009
  9. The dating of the earth's history is not "theory"--the evidence is not theoretical, but is physical and quantifiable.

This physical and quantifiable evidence is proof positive that the earth has a long, long, long history, and that mankind has a relatively short history.

One needs a great deal of faith to believe that Adam and Eve were real people, and that they were created a few days after birds, fish, and the sun. That faith is about as blind as one can get.

#49     Jan 19, 2009
  10. Really ?

How about 1 millionth of a second prior

#50     Jan 19, 2009