Why did God......

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Jan 18, 2009.

1. That is what is so peculiar. We are his greatest creation, but he puts a tree in a garden, knowing what would happen, so he can throw his greatest creation out of it, and drown most of it later on.

Where are the faithful on this subject, I have an open mind:)

#21     Jan 18, 2009

2. That is someones story to make people feel they have to redeem. Make people feel bad, and then control them. Then the people feel they have to follow the prophet/god/leader path to be holy and no burn in hell. And the leader/prophet/god can have power to have riches and satisfaction with no competition.
    I guess. haha

#22     Jan 19, 2009
  3. This is just one of many inconsistencies and logical contradictions in the story.

An omniscient God knew that Adam and Eve would sin even though God make them perfect (but not "perfect" enough, apparently).

The inconsistencies and problems with the story are fatal to Christianity.

#23     Jan 19, 2009

4. Yes, it is like the god made a maze, and the god said who makes it to the end will be rewarded with happiness if they are good. But then the god put some people at the beginning of the maze , and put some in the middle, and some near end of maze. Then he watch the race and judge the bad from the good by who win. What god who is compassionate would do that? No, that is divide the people game.

#24     Jan 19, 2009
  5. I have read the bible and I know the religion is important to civilization. I am willing to look past typos and mistranslations because the moral is that god is a god of love.

Well I love my daughter, and she loves jellybeans. Does it make sense to leave jellybeans in the middle of her bedroom floor until she eats one so I can throw her out in the snow? Is that love? Especially if I were 100 percent sure that she would indeed eat one because I know the future?

Faithfull???? Can we talk about this??

See the funny thing is that I believe in God, but some of the stories that people tell about the supreme being is just downright slander and/or libel.

#25     Jan 19, 2009
  6. Shagi

Shagi

This thread proves the human brain is incapable of comprehending God's intentions thats why you should obey or at least try your best without question. Now think about that for a minute.

#26     Jan 19, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

I grapple with that question every day of my life.

If God is omniscient, He knew Man would fall before we were ever created.

So why create us at all?

Throw hell into the mix. Now, according to the Word, 99% of the entire human race won't get past the Pearly Gates and are condemned for eternal torment.

Now God is all-knowing. He KNEW which souls would choose to follow him and which would not.

Yet, with full and complete foreknowledge, God allowed the condemned to be born, live, and ultimately spend eternity in a tortuous afterlife.

That's completely fucked. And I'm a Jesus-believing Christian, btw.

According to Christian theology, the whole purpose of this Grand experiment was for God to have a race of sentient beings that worship him out of free will.

Of course, if thats the point, God could have created only those souls who would later go on and choose salvation through him.

That way, you spare eternal torture for the unbelievers. And for anyone thats had even a little taste of hell in this life, I wouldn't wish an infinite hell - or anything close - on Hitler himself.

The Good News isn't so good when you consider how many of us aren't gonna make it.

Those are just my depressing, nihilistic thoughts.

#27     Jan 19, 2009
  8. stu

stu

.... an intelligent person considering ridiculous fantasy as feasible.... what else do you expect !?

#28     Jan 19, 2009
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Projecting a new-age definition to the nature of the Christian God, doesn't work.

Apples and Ford Mustangs. Incompatible.

Whether or not your (or my) definition of God is right, or another not discussed, is another debate entirely.

The topic at hand is how the Christian God can be just under a system of free will, eternal condemnation and Gods omniscience.

#29     Jan 19, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Thats an understandable opinion. But one I don't personally share.

#30     Jan 19, 2009