Why did FB take a big hit today?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by noob_trad3r, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Revenue - yes
    Growth - maybe
    Profit - no (for last quarter)
    Real business - they're still trying to figure that one out

Doing a free Willy on stock options is killing their tiny bottom line. Since the stock tanked, they will need to even offer more shares to keep employees happy or attract more talents. FB employees are holding paper value that is disappearing right in front of their eyes. So much for that new Porsche, better make that a Honda Civic. More firework to come for future lockup expiration. Starting to look more and more like Groupon.

#11     Jul 31, 2012
  2. LOL. I remember at 35 guys were saying Buy FB on the dip, buy on all pullbacks...

so i ask, no stop?

no, why, it's a 6-month investment.

so i ask, but what if it drops 60%?

keep buying!!!

LOL

#12     Jul 31, 2012
  3. FB is going to hit 15.6 before it goes up...Watch

#13     Aug 1, 2012
  4. hajimow

hajimow

Another golden advice. YHOO went up and FB tumbled. Are you patting yourself in the back now? Check out how FB will go below $20 this week. Another great short stock is GRPN. The market cap is 4.5B while it should be $390M. It will go below $1 by October.

#14     Aug 2, 2012
  5. http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19093078

<b>Facebook has more than 83 million 'fake' users</b>
    Aug 2nd 2012

Facebook has revealed that it believes there are now more than 83 million fake users on the social network....cont.

#15     Aug 2, 2012

6. FB needs to lose another 15 Billion in market cap before it is fairly valued. Standard rule of thumb is anything Goldman sachs hypes is toxic shit

#16     Aug 2, 2012
  7. hajimow

hajimow

Here is my opinion and I cannot prove it with numbers but I can die for my opinion. The reason that FB is going down is not mostly because of its valuations or fake users or ..... The main and I can say "the only" reason for its crash is the way they handled the IPO. From day one they pissed off the investors and hedge fund managers. When a company goes public, it gets into the game of making the investors happy and please them. FB failed to do that. If they had the initial public offering at $20, maybe now the stock was at $40. There are many stocks that have low earnings and bad outlook but they are doing good. The only person who benefitted from FB IPO was FB. Lots of short sellings now are just for revenge. hedge funds hate FB to their guts and use it as a punch bag. So the golden rule of IPO is :
    If you want to be suucessful, don't be too greedy and make everyone happy like what GOOG did.

#17     Aug 2, 2012
  8. Wow I have not looked at that symbol for quite some time. Its down in the 20's

The sheeple got slaughtered again by the Media/Wallstreet/Banking superconglomerate.

#18     Aug 2, 2012
  9. hajimow

hajimow

Time : 3:03 and FB is at 19.94.
    Watch for a possible pop to 20.20 by close.

Basically market is a short term buy just now. (3:04)

#19     Aug 2, 2012
  10. will drop more, i suspect FB will be single digit pretty soon.

when it is green, buy some puts, when it droped to new low, sell your puts. then wait for green days, buy some puts again...

I follow FB recently, it works like magic.

I played Rimm too, all the same.

#20     Aug 2, 2012