Why did Europe open the door so much for Islamics?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by noob_trad3r, Mar 22, 2012.

1. In my humble opinion, the truth is never at one of the extreme ends of the spectrum, but rather somewhere in the middle. That middle ground is hard to find, though.

#31     Mar 22, 2012
  2. I'm sorry but economically there is no room for a middle-ground approach and it's the economics that invades our reality.

Otherwise I wouldn't care one whit what stupid philosophies people entertain.

#32     Mar 22, 2012
  3. +1, of course. That's where thinking people reside, not at an extreme. Things simply get gridlocked when fanaticism sets in.

c

#33     Mar 22, 2012
  4. It's coming from the little righty paranoid voice in his head. Echoes of Glen Beck and Rush reverberate in there. BUY GOLD AND GUNS !!!!!!

#34     Mar 22, 2012
  5. If I were to comment on whether Phoenix is a good Christian or not I might fell compelled to take him off ignore.......so I won't.

#35     Mar 22, 2012
  6. So I see you are choosing my religion for me now.

Isn't that always the deal with LIEbrals, deigning to make choices for you since apparently they are SOO superior?

#36     Mar 22, 2012
  7. I am also sorry, but I completely disagree... In my experience, the middle-ground approach is the only one that works, in economics and elsewhere. Extremes, of either variety, are simply not viable.

#37     Mar 22, 2012
  8. And his spelling is not improving. Still types 'Liebral' - but, seriously, I don't use ignore, I just chuckle. When people become so obsessed in their biases, or their religion, you cannot sway them with objectivity. They generally have such sad lives that they seek some sort of comfort in playing childish word games.

Does add some fun to boring day. The silly typing is just like watching someone squirm in their seats when confronted with logic that dispels their belief system. Oh well.

c

#38     Mar 22, 2012
  9. Why do you think it is so hard for so many to understand this basic, simple logic? I can understand the political pundits, who get paid for saying outrageous things they don't even believe, or just make up. And they are the first to switch sides if need by to stay employed. But simple online discussion groups with such wasted energy is, well, a waste IMO.

c

#39     Mar 22, 2012
  10. achilles28

achilles28

The problem with yielding "middle ground" is it eventually ends in bankruptcy? Europe is a great example. For decades, "reasonable" social programs were adopted, and benefit plans paid out. Over time, it was only "reasonable" to expand such programs and pay out even higher and higher benefits to recipients, who by now, included everyone from pretty much every walk of life. Even Corporations! After all, in the interests of fairness, nobody could be denied a seat at the table. Lets be reasonable, after all... Europe also adopted "reasonable" free trade policies because they wanted to avoid the oft touted "evils" of protectionism. The problem with that is a good portion of their industrial base, migrated to Asia. 30 years later, and Europe is paying most her bills with debt. As is America. Soon the credit card will run out and we won't be able to afford all of our "reasonable" entitlement programs our citizens have come to expect, in the interest of "fairness" and "equality"....?

#40     Mar 22, 2012