Why did Europe open the door so much for Islamics?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by noob_trad3r, Mar 22, 2012.

1. I am not really sure what you're referring to here... I can only speak for the UK and parts of Europe that I am familiar with. I certainly see zero evidence that all of these dire things you're describing. In fact, I don't really understand where all these sweeping generalizations are coming from.

#11     Mar 22, 2012
  2. achilles28

achilles28

You don't have a point. You're projecting half-baked stereotypes on the world and confused when they don't reconcile. Now, if you have a question, go ahead and ask it.

#12     Mar 22, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Zero evidence? What cave are you living in, friend? Everything I said is well documented. As far as immigrants go, third-worlders are unproductive and a net drain on the system. Your an economics guy. You should know this. Productivity is determined by overall health, literacy, fluency, education, skill set. Most third-worlders we import, Muslim or not, lack in every single category. That means even if they get a job when they come here (or there), and many of them don't, they earn peanuts. Minimum wage, while sucking back handouts, especially health benefits. In America, Mexicans are a big net drain on State finances. Why do you suppose that is?

#13     Mar 22, 2012
  4. achilles28

achilles28

You're full of sh*t, dude. Anything else? Or is that it?

#14     Mar 22, 2012
  5. well there are exceptions i guess, i remembered when i was at college, a close friend of mine told me that when his dad first came from China to the USA, he couldn't even speak English and worked in grimy restaurants to put himself through school, community college, bachelors and eventually a masters from Upenn.

Anyway he did very well for himself and his family, much more than many Americans that I know.

#15     Mar 22, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Thanks, you've already answered it.

#16     Mar 22, 2012
  7. OK, let’s check the facts on this Muslim takeover of Europe:

Let’s just take the bigger ones, by percentage of Muslims in each Country, and as a percentage of the World Muslim population. In that order.

EUROPE: 6.0% and 2.7%
    AMERICAS 0.6% and .0.3%
    WORLD TOTAL 23.4and 100% of course
    Austria: 5.7% and <0.1%
    Belgium 6.0% and <0.1%
    Finland 0.8% and <0.1%
    France 7.5% and 0.3%
    Germany 5.0% and 0.3%
    Greece 4.7% and < 0.1%
    Italy 2.6% and 0.1%
    Netherlands 5.5% and0.1%
    Norway 3.0% and <0.1%
    Portugal 0.6% and <0.1%
    Spain 2.3% and 0.1%
    Switzerland 5.7% and <0.1%
    Sweden 4.9% and <0.1%
    United Kingdom 4.6% and 0.2%
    USA 0.8% and 0.2%

For fun:, top Muslim Countries:
    Iran = 99.6%
    Iraq = 98.9%
    Jordan = 98.8

Seems pretty small overall, and it seems that most of them 'Muslims' are in their home Countries. Hardly a mass immigration issue IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Muslim_population

c

#17     Mar 22, 2012
  8. So there are as many muslims in the USA as in the UK? guess they are all in Michigan..

#18     Mar 22, 2012
  9. I am living in the center of the UK capital city, London, so I daresay I have some experience with these "third-worlders". Moroever, I am sort of a "third-worlder" immigrant myself and have a lot of friends who are similar. I would absolutely love to see some of this "well documented evidence", especially if you can point me to anything for the UK. Again, I am not going to argue with you about the Mexicans in the US, simply because I don't have any experience or knowledge of the issue (note that the OP's question had nothing to do with that). So not really sure who those "third-worlder importing we" might be.

Finally, let me also leave you with a provocative thought. You look at Japan, a "Western" country that is steadfastly refusing (for a variety of complicated reasons) to adopt any sort of immigration as a demographic solution. How are things looking for them?

#19     Mar 22, 2012
  10. Isn't Russia also facing the same demographic problems?

I guess its a fair point..after Singapore opened its doors, their economy has exploded in the last 10 years or so... I read that 40% of their population are foreign born

#20     Mar 22, 2012