Why Did Bright Close It's Dallas Office?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Jessica Spears, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Thanks Mike!

I can appreciate the "food chain" as well.
    I worked on both the NYSE for a few years as well as an institutional desk for 12 years myself.

cheers,

el surdo

#201     Aug 2, 2006

2. There is a "pairs" correlation for this too.... 2 Silicones = 1 Cortisone. :D

#202     Aug 2, 2006
  3. No I'm sorry its not. "No great man births himself"?????duh... how about HIS MOTHER! You owe your absolute existence to your mother.

edit....geez I'm sorry what a downer I am:(

#203     Aug 2, 2006

4. Maybe the saying would be better this way, "No great man experiences himself"........Oh wait......that does not sound to good. :D :D :D

#204     Aug 2, 2006
  5. sub0

sub0

I would think it takes at least some level of confidence in your trading abilities and market knowledge to go to an office and trade in front of guys with big egos. Uncle Fester probably won't show up and if he did probably couldn't handle it.

It would be stupid to think office guys as a whole aren't more successful. Just depends on which offices you are talking about. You will always have a few all-stars in an office. You could say in many ways it's required to even keep the office open! Whereas a remote trader could be trading until he goes broke. And without someone around to tell him he's an idiot and needs to re-evaluate what he's doing, it could be fairly quickly. Just depends of course on who he is. If I was George Soros, I would probably go remote.

#205     Aug 2, 2006
  6. George already checked out a long time ago.........he is VERY remote! :D

#206     Aug 2, 2006
  7. :D :D :D thank you

#207     Aug 2, 2006
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think you guys need to give poor Uncle Fester a little more credit. So he has a drinking problem, he's trying though. We need to get behind him and offer some support!

#208     Aug 2, 2006
  9. volente_00

volente_00

and 90% of those 90% spend $600 a night on drugs and are broke the next day.

#209     Aug 2, 2006
  10. Not many, perhaps 8-10 with interns and students I woulkd guess. I would have to check about current remote traders, and get back to you.

Don

#210     Aug 2, 2006