Why Did Bright Close It's Dallas Office?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Jessica Spears, Jul 28, 2006.

1. volente_00

volente_00

And you were proven wrong from facts.

#161     Aug 1, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don gives you one trader who is making money in his firm and you ask if it's a paradox? Seriously has anyone on this board taken a class in critical thinking or logic?

#162     Aug 1, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

What are you smoking? Please post the fact I was wrong about. Please provide my quote and the fact that you think is in question. First put down the joint.

#163     Aug 1, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

I could quote you all day long but you would still not admit what the facts show so it is pointless.

#164     Aug 1, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

What facts? You have not posted one fact nor one quote of mine that proves any of your points. Forget about quoting me all day long. Try quoting me once. LOL. Not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya?

#165     Aug 1, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Sharp enough that everday I do not have to answer to a babysitter who manages because he could not trade.

#166     Aug 1, 2006
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Okay, you wanted a quote ....

Your 2% (of remote being profitable) seems to be pulled out of the air. No stats to substantiate it. Just a guesstimate.

And your 50% of profitable traders in an office environment is based on what? Your office? A sample size of 1?

Funny that you suggest that only 5% of trader are profitable yet you assert that the breakdown is 2% remote and 50% office.

But ... given that you apparently run an office I can see why you'd not want to see traders trading remote as that's lost "bodies" for you.

Not arguing ... just showing that your "facts" are not in fact FACTS since there's nothing to sbstantiate the numbers you presented.

#167     Aug 1, 2006
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, do you think you have no one watching the risk on your Ameritrade account? LOL. OK Man, whatever you say. That's news to me. I guess the SEC has done away with margin calls without telling me. LOL. You learn something new everyday.

#168     Aug 1, 2006
  9. volente_00

volente_00

If they all left, who will pay the babysitter?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

#169     Aug 1, 2006
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey, I'll give you credit for stepping up to the plate and actually posting my quotes. Let's look at these numbers shall we. First of all, I think we can all agree that the about 90% to 95% of all traders, both remote or in office are not profitable. There have been countless number of studies that back this up and most on ET seem to agree with them as there are countless number of threads that discuss this. OK, so we are good there.

I think the % of remote traders that are net profitable is around 2%. This is coming from the total sample pool. Not from the net profitable trader subgroup. So lets say there are 100 traders in the world. Ten of them are net profitable. Of the ten, two of them are remote, eight are in an office let's say. Now where am I getting the 50% number. Well, let's say from this 100 sample we have 16 guys that are in an office and 84 that are remote. That would mean that 50% of the guys in an office are net profitable. Is this not correct? I'm just using simple math here. You wanted the numbers, I'm breaking them down for you.

Now what part of these numbers are you not agreeing with? I would say there are far more traders that trade from home then in an office. I would say that 90% at least of all traders are not profitable. And I would say of the traders in an office, there is a higher % of net profitable traders then remote. If you don't agree with them, please tell me which number is in dispute and make an argument to back up your case.

#170     Aug 1, 2006