Why day trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vincentvega, May 16, 2012.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

Have you ever sat down with a pencil and paper and figured what a series 7 license and the leverage of a prop firm can do with good risk management?

Someone who is brand new to the business can get 30:1 intraday.

Right now I have 10 stocks on my screen, each of which having well over a 10% range on the day, and they were all trading unusual volume pre-market, so it's not you had no idea they were going to move. Look at VELT by itself.

If you're good at trading longer term, then great. But have tons of fun with the overnight risk while using all of that leverage you're talking about.

#11     May 16, 2012
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

I love it when people believe this.

#12     May 16, 2012
  3. Thanks for sharing :)

#13     May 16, 2012
  4. bellman

bellman

Not sure what you mean by forward data either, but the statistical confidence argument would still hold I am sure no matter what data you are looking at.

#14     May 16, 2012
  5. Are there any data providers that offer "forward data"?

Sounds like it would be very useful.

#15     May 16, 2012
  6. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

There is a pattern here...people who fail at day trading start threads "You can't make money daytrading" Then the ones who can't make money trading equities start "You can't make money trading equities" threads. These people seem to think just because they fail, others can't succeed. If they lose money in any market with any strategy it's because the moves are all random. Their act gets old.

Pretty simple....come up with a strategy that works....trade...if things change...adapt...or don't adapt and whine how hard trading is.

#16     May 16, 2012
  7. Reason to day trade is because....

If you measure the shoreline with a ruler it is longer than if you measure it with a meter.

There are more than enough points offered intraday everyday.

Preferably one should want to be in volatile liquid instruments if one wants to trade intraday successfully.

Just have to make sure you watch your costs and preferably trade something with "bang for buck" and a nice Intraday ATR ....Enough Range vs spread/comsih

My 2 cents

#17     May 16, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

HFT thats how

#18     May 16, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

+1.
    but still not sure how this can be applied to OP. english is not my native language and to be honest-i have no idea what he is actually trying to say in his original post.

is he is for day trading or not? leverage just like a big dick- only good in right hands..it can harm or pleasure..not sure what this guy is trying to tell us.. maybe he know something magical about risk management..but so far- there is no proof of that..just some random words..

#19     May 16, 2012
  10. Provided a liquid and volatile market, why not day trade?

#20     May 17, 2012