Why day Trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by casioboy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

and if you need to buy or sell say 10 million dollar worth of security, you'll need to call your broker to find a seller or buyer and paying other fees or much lower commissions.

the open market isn't liquid.

QUOTE]Quote from tradersboredom:

portfolio managers with over 10 billion under management can't even swing trade their portfolio let alone daytrade.

that is the reason for madoff having a ponzi scheme, if had all that stock as he said he had any liquidation would crash the market. and the market isn't that liquid. all that volume is intra-day volume.
    [/QUOTE]

#21     Jan 21, 2009
  2. [/QUOTE]

Are smoking the same weed as casioboy?

#22     Jan 21, 2009
  3. casioboy

casioboy

LOL, so that mentor is me? (hint, it is not......) Again you have jumped to the wrong conclusion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

If you are looking for a 10+ year full-time (profitable) day trading FX trader to mentor you then give me a call.

Not cheap but you shouldn't expect it to be either.

#23     Jan 21, 2009
  4. Sorry, my apologies. I did think you were indeed the mentor, but now you have clarified the position. You say you are a stressed out day trader tied to some kind of quote machine and unable to make day trading work. You think position trading is better.

However you represent someone who charges expensive mentoring fees to teach the day trading that you think is not the way to trade.

If I phone you, you will kindly put me in touch with the mentor... for a fee no doubt.

Have I got it correct now?

#24     Jan 21, 2009
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Do you provide SPAM on a cracker between trades with apple juice?

#25     Jan 21, 2009
  6. It's completely the opposite. There are ZERO futures traders who will make significant money day trading a small account. Granted as of late there's been daily ranges as big as some prior years but by and large when someone tells me they "daytrade" index futures I know with almost absolute statistical certainty that over a wide enough time sample they'll be unprofitable.

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/stocks/commentary/editorialarticles/-76549.cfm

#26     Jan 21, 2009
  7. Welcome to ET and thanks for giving us a laugh casioboy.

Don't take ET too seriously, but if you post with your "fly undone" you can be sure a few folks round here will let you know you don't look too professional

:D :D

#27     Jan 21, 2009
  8. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I mean really!.....from now on, anyone who wishes to register on ET should be forced to pass a basic human intelligence test. The degree of retarded threads started by ppl like casioboy even makes my sheltie dog hide under the covers.......

#28     Jan 21, 2009
  9. I daytrade ES and CL futures because I find it easier to forecast short-term supports & resistances.

Looking forward a week, month or quarter can be difficult, but I find it generally easy to pick key S/R levels & risk small amounts looking for the "edge" of the market.

Day trading is very hands on & as a full-time trader I am able to do this.

Sometimes I take positions overnight but "day trading" is my favorite kind of work!

#29     Jan 21, 2009
  10. volente_00

volente_00

Pabst,

Can you please clarify and define a few terms for me

significant money

small account

how wide of time sample

#30     Jan 21, 2009