Why creation science is an oxymoron

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 777 wants atheist to say that there is a god and that the atheist rejects god. All his talk is just bullshit rhetoric to get to this point of his. Then he will have another argument among theist about why his god is the real god. 777 is the sadsack theist.

#261     Feb 15, 2010
  2. stu

stu

Brilliant argument you have there. You tell me I have a set of beliefs then all you can do is wonder what I have no belief about.
    You can't tell me what those set of beliefs are that you tell me I have and can't make me have them, so you're still confused about what it is I have no belief of.

Apparently that upsets you, why? Is it the sheer ridiculousness of what you landed yourself in, or because you cannot make people have belief where they have non.

You have no comment for that particular religious thought but decide it's me getting all "PMS".
    One thing you do get right is the making of a lot of irrational statements and conclusions

The inevitable standpoint of religious argument wherever it is made, is a desperate attempt to turn rational things on their head, to uselessly and dishonestly argue from the point of absurdity as if it made perfect sense.

#262     Feb 15, 2010
  3. Your reasoning is so naive and specious. Foolish of you to invoke a spirit every time you cannot explain some phenomenon.

"It turns out that we can predict quite well which of these eight tasks they are doing," he said. "If we were just guessing, we would get it right about 13 percent of the time. We get it right about 80 percent of the time with our statistical tool. It's not perfect, but it is quite good — but not nearly good enough to be admissible in court, for example.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090723082427.htm

Do YOU see a pattern developing here? Each time you point to some as of yet unexplained PHYSICAL phenomenon for your spiritual belief, you move on pointing to another as yet unexplained physical phenomena as each in turn is ultimately explained.
    FOOL :D

#263     Feb 15, 2010
  4. the refuge of the spiritual is that anything is possible. let me clue you anything is NOT possible, and it gets worse yet not PROBABLE ..that's BS :D

#264     Feb 16, 2010
  5. 2 Kings 2:22-24. And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

#265     Feb 16, 2010
  6. what happened? :confused:

#266     Feb 16, 2010
  7. I thought it was a humorous verse, thought I'd post it for a laugh. Out of the blue. Not everyone always gets my sense of humor.

#267     Feb 16, 2010
  8. George Costanza? :confused:

#268     Feb 16, 2010

9. Maybe stu really is honest when he says he has "no beliefs".

:D :D :D

#269     Feb 16, 2010
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

LOL

This being a census year, I found the following absurdity appropriate:

2 Samuel 24:1-25

God Kills 70,000 Israelites because King David took a census ... that God ordered him to take! :eek:

#270     Feb 16, 2010