why Corn, Soybeans & Wheat are great to daytrade...

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by increasenow, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Thanks for this one. I thought it would be hard to trade these grains in daytrade. This is interesting.

#21     Jan 27, 2010
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Why do the grains have a history of selling off when it starts raining in Chicago?

#22     Jan 27, 2010
  3. are we talking straight futures contracts? or options on the underlier? or both?

#23     Mar 1, 2010
  4. Futures

#24     Mar 1, 2010
  5. Here's ewheat.

#25     Mar 1, 2010
  6. you trade wheat? often?

#26     Mar 2, 2010
  7. I agree. I dabble in the financials and other markets but my focus are the grains.

I have meant to write a review of this service I have used for the past few months called cswtrader.com. Its been excellent. More position type trade recommendations in futures spreads and options, which is different than my normal futures trading, but its been spot on. Got some cool little prop indicators and filled with great info about the grains. Ill write a review when I get a chance.

I trade corn and bean spreads pretty heavily and daytrade the wheat and position trade oats and meal.

#27     Mar 2, 2010
  8. Optional do you trade cotton any? It looks like a good trade to get in long if it retraces any from here. I haven't traded cotton but live in cotton country so I keep up with it some. I know there are going to be some happy cotton farmers here if it keeps going up like it is.

#28     Mar 2, 2010

9. May I ask what software platform/charts/broker you are using that is good for intraday?

#29     Mar 3, 2010
  10. I watch it and have traded it but am not currently in it. Looks like 1 buck is a cinch.

#30     Mar 3, 2010