why close aphie's journal?!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magna

Magna Administrator

aphie,

I'm sorry you've taken your "business" to USENET, lots of people here find your posts interesting and look forward to your journal. Count me as one of the many who knew, once you started trading futures, that it would be informative for all concerned. You noticed that I wished you well with your trading and stressed that the closing was temporary, no censorship intended.

The build-up to your futures trading career has been ongoing for a while with many, many posts by yourself and others discussing just that. I've seen a number of journals self-destruct when they mostly consisted of commentary by everyone except the journalist himself. Once you actually begin trading I'm sure things would stay focused on the trials and tribulations of playing the eminis.

In short, I think your skin is a little thin here and you're taking a drastic step that does a disservice to yourself and the members of Elite who you have been promising on a daily basis for the past month that you would post a journal here of actual cash trading. Please reconsider.

#11     Sep 16, 2002
  2. youse guys are a bunch of saddies

#12     Sep 16, 2002
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Kudos to both Magna and Baron. And Aphie the only way I'd go to Usenet to read your journal would be if you were sucking a horse cock.

#13     Sep 16, 2002
  4. I agree with Baron and the mods. Aphie's journal should be at least moved to 'Chit Chat' section untill he makes a real trade. It's not censorship nor unfairness from Baron, , simply he is keeping a tigh ship. A trading journal is a trading journal, not a 'National Inquirers' :p

And with Aphie on board, some members also will become Elite Members sonner than expected ?!? :p

Aphie, you must agree that a trading journal is more than a diary or a book of thoughts, no?
    Please stick around, we :) :p :confused: :cool: :( :D :mad: all want to see how you trade, and we all (at least me) sincerely want to see you succeed.
    Also, please let us know when you find a new girlfriend !!! :p

Cheers !!!

#14     Sep 16, 2002
  5. why not just move aphies journal to chit chat.. then when he starts trading with cash he can open another one in the Journal forum and link to the old one in his first post..

-qwik

#15     Sep 17, 2002
  6. 600 posts? I put him on 'ignore' just the other day and it was only 300. Sheesh!

#16     Sep 17, 2002
  7. See what you missed!

#17     Sep 17, 2002
  8. From http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8897&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

#18     Sep 17, 2002
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

Two very good comments, two very good suggestions. I will reopen aphie's thread and leave it in the Journals forum for now. Hopefully things will stay on-topic prior to him trading. If not, we'll move it to the Chit-Chat forum and if he chooses he can start a fresh trading journal thread.

(this message is being posted in the Feedback and the Journals forums)

#19     Sep 17, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.