why close aphie's journal?!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=122565#post122565

one word here... OVER-REGULATING.

it's aphie's journal. if other people post messages that don't have any substance, why should that ruin it for aphie? what if aphie wanted to discuss his trading methods and ideas before he actually trades? now he can't. why are real trades the only thing that matters?

look at the description for the journals forum:
    "The place for keeping a daily journal of wins, losses, and anything else related to your quest of becoming a better trader."

i guess "anything else" really doesn't matter and only real trades do. the guys that run this site can do what they want, they make the rules, but imo this is a bit much.

p.s. meanwhile, the "trading is a dangerous game" thread is approaching 200 pages and it's a religion debate.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Because the journal will be ruined if he teases everybody with his first post and then his first trade and subsequent journal entry appear 75 pages later.

That's why it got moved to the chit chat forum about 100 pages ago.

3. It is just you. Like I've said countless times before -- I am not new to trading -- JUST FUTURES.

Some people just don't get it!

4. I know, I know. You are an Options Expert.

5. By the way -- you won't have to worry about the number of my posts. I am sick of the blatant censorship, editing, deleting of posts and other issues with this board. It is a joke.

I am no longer keeping a journal on this site. Due to my own views about everything, I am instead keeping it on USENET where freedom of speech prevails and I don't have to put up with this ridiculous censorship problem.

I'm sure some people will be elated to hear this -- but enough is enough.

Thanks to those who found my posts interesting. You can find me on USENET under the same name "aphexcoil" or "aphie." You are also more than welcome to AIM message me at "aphexcoil."

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

aphie

The temporary thread closure was simply a way to keep the thread readable and valuable for both you and the many people that will read it. It will be very dificult for others to benefit from your journal if it becomes a repository of off-topic conversation before you post your first trade.

If you don't want your thread closed, we'll open it back up. Just let me know. However, if your journal loses focus before your first trade is made because of the off-topic comments of others , it will be moved to the bottomless pit, otherwise known as the chit chat forum. :)

7. BSAM

BSAM

Magna / Baron....

IMHO, your original decision to close the thread was correct.

BTW Aphie.....
    Here's what I don't get. You keep screaming about how you have experience in other areas of trading. Well, if that is so, how come you can only start trading futures with a mere $5,000?
    Maybe I've missed something in your many posts. Seems to me if you haven't achieved much success in stocks, you shouldn't be playing around with futures. Maybe you really do have a legitimate reason.
    Additionally, I disagree with your assertion (at the bottom of page one of this thread) that this board is being improperly run. I'm not saying I agree with all decisions of Baron and the moderators. But, take a deep breath, look around and see what else compares with ET. If these people weren't monitoring things around here, imagine what a mess would occur.
    I will tell you I have picked up a lot of good ideas here. I'm grateful to all who have sincerely contributed....(even you occasionally, Aphie).
    Good luck to you wherever and whatever you decide to do in your trading and message board participation.

BSAM

8. geeze thats too bad.now i will have to go elsewhere to get info on how to get drugs and hookers in amsterdam.

9. Babak

Babak

Heeeyyy! I resent that!

:D

#10     Sep 16, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.