Why Climate Deniers Have No Scientific Credibility - In One Pie Chart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

The CO2 molecule does not absorb energy at wavelengths greater than 4000 nm?

#11     Nov 26, 2012
  2. Nah, there's no proof CO2 raises temps. Nevermind the fact it's a greenhouse gas which is irrefutable. And then there is the pesky data. Study the chart....carefully.

[​IMG]

#12     Nov 26, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yes. Do you?

#13     Nov 26, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

To be fair, that chart does not prove that CO<sub>2</sub> raises temps.

#14     Nov 26, 2012
  5. data doesnt matter to our resident et brainiacs because scientists gather data and they are just "religous zealots".

#15     Nov 26, 2012
  6. Thank you. At best it's a contributing factor, but what is the primary driver(s)? I'm all for cutting carbon emissions, but let's do it in a sensible way, and for the right reason. The right reason is we want a cleaner environment, not we're all gonna' die.

#16     Nov 26, 2012
  7. Mav88

Mav88

love it when someone ignorant of science is telling us how science works

science is not done by consensus, the fact that you post an article count means you don't even know jack about climate science

argumentum ad populum, and you call yourself a defender?

#17     Nov 26, 2012
  8. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not my point. You know that too. My point is freethinker poster show how Galileo have science, but the bible talk about flat earth. Then I show in my link how the religion justify slavery.
    So for to all the posters talking about freethinker is have "religion" about the climate, you are wrong.
    Phoenix, read this book, then you can talk to dittohead Lucrum to read the book too. :D

http://www.sheffieldphoenix.com/showbook.asp?bkid=181

Slavery, Abolitionism, and the Ethics of Biblical Scholarship
    Hector Avalos

"In this immensely wide-ranging and fascinating study, Avalos critiques the common claim that the abolition of slavery was due in large part to the influence of biblical ethics. Such a claim, he argues, is characteristic of a broader phenomenon in biblical scholarship, which focuses on defending, rather than describing, the ethical norms encountered in biblical texts.
    The first part of Avalos’s critique explores how modern scholars have praised the supposed superiority of biblical ethics at the cost of diminishing or ignoring many similar features in ancient Near Eastern cultures. These features include manumission, fixed terms of service, familial rights, and egalitarian critiques of slavery. At the same time, modern scholarship has used the standard tools of biblical exegesis in order to minimize the ethically negative implications of many biblical references to slavery.

The second part of the book concentrates on how the Bible has been used throughout Christian history both to maintain and to extend slavery. In particular, Avalos offers detailed studies of papal documents used to defend the Church’s stance on slavery. Discussions of Gregory of Nyssa, Aquinas and Luther, among others, show that they are not such champions of freedom as they are often portrayed.

Avalos’s close readings of the writings of major abolitionists such as Granville Sharp, William Wilberforce and Frederick Douglass show an increasing shift away from using the Bible as a support for abolitionism. Biblical scholars have rarely recognized that pro-slavery advocates could use the Bible just as effectively. According to Avalos, one of the complex mix of factors leading to abolition was the abandonment of the Bible as an ethical authority. The case of the biblical attitude to slavery is just one confirmation of how unsuitable the Bible is as a manual of ethics in the modern world."

#18     Nov 26, 2012
  9. The intentional ignorance amazes me. It's like one has to try to be that stupid.

Part of the problem is the conservative mind does not accept new things easily. Ten, twenty years ago there was more reason to doubt. No more. But the conservative mind just can't change.

#19     Nov 26, 2012
  10. Mav88

Mav88

I'm a fiscal conservative atheist, I am a scientist, I can and have changed my mind many times. I go against the crowd on many occasions, much more than you do.

Your problem is that you unflinchingly accept any pile of shit the religious left puts on your plate

#20     Nov 26, 2012