Why civil unrest is not out of the question in the United States...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Port1385, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Those peasants were slightly more impoverished and beat down than we are.

#41     Mar 8, 2009
  2. I'll put a call in to Medvedev and see if he can fix up Lenin for us. Last I saw him (Lenin) though, he didn't look to hot.

#42     Mar 8, 2009
  3. We? I'm more worried about the armed rednecks on four-wheelers that live all around me. Won't be hard for them to basically self-organize once the shit truly hits the fan.

#43     Mar 8, 2009
  4. Just git [sic] yourself a Dale Earnhardt Jr. t-shirt and they'll pass right over you.

#44     Mar 8, 2009
  5. LOL I was thinkin' more like a Mossberg 500.

#45     Mar 8, 2009
  6. I'm more worried about the armed rednecks on four-wheelers that live all around me. Won't be hard for them to basically self-organize once the shit truly hits the fan:

Just dress up like Jesus and you can lead the whole thing.

#46     Mar 8, 2009
    #47     Mar 8, 2009
  8. I'm more worried about the armed rednecks on four-wheelers that live all around me
    ---------------------------

It's the people who look "normal" who worry me.

#48     Mar 8, 2009
  9. lrm21

lrm21

I truly hope we are nearing a bottom. My concerns are that we will look back at 2008 early 09 and think happy times from a civilian perspective.

The markets may rally short-term. But until Washington gets it crap toghether and either leads, follow or GTHO then I forsee burst rallys, followed by continued down trends.

I mean how do we price in.

CAP & TRADE, Nationalized Healthcare, $4trillion dollar budgets, and $2trillion dollar deficits., higher capital gains, higher small business taxes.

We are back to 1997 levels, but are we getting 1997 standard of living?

Also I truly believe that metrics going forward will mean nothing because whats passes for abnormal or short term thinking will be the norm.

Credit is dead..Companies and civilians are slowly adjusting to a world where credit plays a much smaller role. The credit problem isn't banks aren't lending..no one wants to truly borrow.

I've been looking at getting a used car, the dealers I've talked with say they are moving like crazy. New car sales are dead.

People still have needs but they will address it without debt. And debt was the source of our growth for the last 20 years. As usual markets got the signal debt is dead. But the government has not.

#49     Mar 8, 2009
  10. I was very young but I remember when people who had nothing to eat would come by and ask for a meal and we gave it to them. My mother and father always fed these people.

There was very little crime back then compared to today.

The bonus army was something of entirely different circumstances, i.e., they marched in 1932 to collect money they were scheduled to collect in 1945.

#50     Mar 8, 2009