Why civil unrest is not out of the question in the United States...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Port1385, Mar 6, 2009.

1. When I want to take the pulse of the masses, I, too, head for my local Mercedes dealership. Of course, I also advocate rectal thermometers as the optimum method for taking one's temperature. But what do I know about taking vital signs?

Basically, I have been contemplating joining the unwashed masses. Stupid me, I do not have a mortgage, and I missed Barry's program to abrogate mortgage contracts using the MSM's favorite new word after pushback which is cramdown.

Citi has been sending me flyers in the mail wanting me to borrow money with my credit card. I have been thinking maybe I should prepare myself to exploit the next wave of cramdowns. I am thinking if Barry's poll numbers go down, then there will surely be a move to waive credit card debt before the next election. As I have no credit card debt, I do not want to miss another chance of having my wealth redistributed back to me, albeit in a very diluted state.

It is new millennium and it is twilight in America. There will be no civil unrest as long as there is dime of public treasure to redistribute. He who controls the printing press that prints the money, he be king, Barry knows that and he be king.

#31     Mar 7, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

There are two groups of people in this country. People who work, pay their bills and take care of themselves (AKA ripe sucks), and people who live off of them (AKA democrats). It's very clear which group will be paying and which group will be receiving. Best to join the proper group now and avoid the rush.

#32     Mar 7, 2009
  3. National Guard.

#33     Mar 7, 2009
  4. A by-product of the attack on the Bonus Army was an attempted Fascist coup. The conspirators attempted to persuade General Smedley Butler to lead the WW1 vets to Washington and, if not overthrow Roosevelt, to turn his administration into a fascist puppet government.

From "The Plot to Seize the White House":

"This is the true story of a remarkable American who, during the early New Deal years, was sought by wealthy plotters in the United States to lead a putsch to overthrow the government and establish an American Fascist dictatorship.

According to retired Representative John W. McCormack, former Speaker of the House, if the late Major General Smedley Butler of the U.S. Marine Corps had not been a stubborn devotee of democracy, Americans today could conceivably be living under an American Mussolini, Hitler, or Franco.

An ironic aspect of the conspiracy General Butler unmasked is that few Americans have ever heard about it, or even know anything about the general. As children all of us were taught about the treason of Aaron Burr and Benedict Arnold, whose betrayals were safely cobwebbed by the distant past. But school texts that deal with the New Deal are uniquely silent about the powerful Americans who plotted to seize the White House with a private army, hold President Franklin D. Roosevelt prisoner, and get rid of him if he refused to serve as their puppet in a dictatorship they planned to impose and control."

The whole book is on line here: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article13906.htm

#34     Mar 8, 2009
  5. chartman

chartman

Think what would happen if these 4.4mm unemployed "organize"?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

The government only counts those people who have been unemployed a certain number of weeks. When you are unemployed over the specific number of weeks, you are 'not' actively looking for a job according to the bureaucrats. Florida has just recently took a different approach to trying to determine the unemployment rate and the rates went up sufficiently. The fact is that the government does not know the actual unemployment rate much less the under-employment figure.

#35     Mar 8, 2009
  6. lrm21

lrm21

FDR was the closest we have come to a dictator in the country.

He laid the foundation for the current disaster.

Never heard of this plot...but I am sure if its true many of the men were upset with the FDR regime.

#36     Mar 8, 2009
  7. Simple answer from my side :

when pain has reached a peak, it´s time to get back into markets. Not calling for a bottom. People have now realized that they have to adapt to the situation. And the first signs are not be overseen :

1) With disposable incomes rising faster than spending, the personal savings rate rose to 5%, the highest since March 1995. At an annual rate, personal savings rose to a record $545.5 billion.

2) U.S. Jan. consumer credit up $1.76 billion

U.S. Jan. consumer credit up at 0.8% rate

U.S. Jan consumer credit up after 3 months of sharp declines

3) ECB´s Stark said there are signs of improvement in money markets, noting that banks are borrowing less money from the ECB in its refinancing operations and that fewer institutions are participating in them.

4) Read this investor letter from a "frightened" hedge fund manager :

BEST BUYING SIGNAL EVER !

Absolute suicide watch

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2009/03/05/53238/absolute-suicide-watch/

I love to see PANIC in hedgefund manager´s eyes ! LOL !!!!:D :D :D

#37     Mar 8, 2009
  8. Yeah, all they have to do is turn off American Idol and NASCAR and pull together a rally.

#38     Mar 8, 2009
  9. Dang, who woulda thought, Ivan? Millions of idiotic serfs somehow organized sufficiently to overthrow an enormous country's government in 1917.

How soon we forget.

#39     Mar 8, 2009
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

When it isnt 4.4 million but 11-15 million the only thing that will keep that lid from blowing is an iron fist...

#40     Mar 8, 2009