Why choose to be a Trader??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NTMtrader, Aug 20, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Why did I become a trader?

"Because I can't sing and dance." :D
    (Rocky, 1976)

#11     Aug 21, 2010
  2. Cheese

Cheese

In considering most opportunites many people will be optimistic that they can succeed. No surprise there. But as with most high achievement the problem solving savvy and staying power to suceed will be absent. Again that can be no surprise. That is why so many on the tide of hope get washed up at ET. Their arrival here may be short lived or a little more long lasting; the outcome is as you see it. Out of either long or short stayers most will fade; some or a few learn to do what is called 'trading for a living'.

However my view is that a greater number of serious winners would be a good thing. From working out the puzzle of the markets, an individual can master the puzzle and make himself or herself rich.
    :)

#12     Aug 21, 2010
  3. Actually you are chosen to become a trader. So that those God chose to become rich (you know the names, it is the other side) can get your money without God having to directly pull a miracle and violate his doctrine of no interference with the daily financial affairs of the world.

#13     Aug 21, 2010
  4. Freedom.

#14     Aug 21, 2010
  5. masochist if your losing. sadist if your winning?

lol obviously just kidding :D

#15     Aug 21, 2010
  6. Sech un diffeatist additude. G0d doze naught sew fevoritishm two noe wand. Dose woo juice two moov klowser two G0d weild fine reeches mooven untwo dere lief ottometrically.

#16     Aug 21, 2010
  7. Mav88

Mav88

I can think of many things that are 'cooler' than being a trader, in fact I think traders are rather looked down on in some places as selfish, unproductive leeches. I just want to make a little cash, I never would consider this as 'doing something great'. This guys has one big ego, I bet he's an ass.

#17     Aug 21, 2010
  8. I know Bella and he couldn't be a nicer guy, just saying... He's confident because he's a great trader, but very down to earth.

#18     Aug 21, 2010
  9. you asking this guarantees you never ever in your life will become one. About all other people you do not need to worry, thus your question is moot. Think about what you have a passion for and pursue it, trading is obviously not one of them.

#19     Aug 21, 2010
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

1) because you love it
    2) freedom
    3) if you manage risk properly it may provide handsome returns
    4) the rush

#20     Aug 21, 2010