Why choose options trading

Discussion in 'Options' started by Jfranco_2003, Sep 8, 2019.

1. misti

misti

As I can see from your post is that you are making short term trading maybe less than a week expiration, when you enter a trade your timing has to be very good to catch the move but besides that do not let the trade expired worthless....Wait no more than 2 hours or less for the movement in your favor ,,,,,,, if this does not happen ,,, get out ,,, because the reason that make you made the trade is no longer valid,,,,, GET OUT even with a small profit or small loss ,,,,, do not let time and price movement be your enemies , this way you can preserve your capital and give you more opportunities for better trades.....this help me out to stay in the markets and made a huge different in my account and emotionally,,,,,,,

#41     Sep 15, 2019
    zghorner likes this.
  2. zghorner

zghorner

You are right that i have (so far) only messed with short term options and that is probably one of my biggest mistakes as i am not a good short term trader. As mentioned earlier my entry points are never great and short term day trades turn into week long trades before bearing fruit.

Im sure you've given me good advice but i feel like If i were to follow it I would be getting out of 90% of the positions i enter nearly immediately after i enter them.

#42     Sep 16, 2019
  3. misti

misti

The best way to have better entries when you do short term trading is buying only the pullbacks and buying pullbacks at level of support.
    You will miss some good trades that don't pullback (very few of them) but at this point where you are is better to miss "some" good trades in exchange for the safest entries...

#43     Sep 20, 2019
    zghorner likes this.