Why Charles Schwab Broker show everything " Hard to Borrow" ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TradeTune, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Many large cap and most Mid to Small cap stocks shows "Hard to Borrow" for short selling almost around two months now. I assume it's just matter of time that they have to " Buy to cover" their short position and short sqeeez will happen and and these stocks will all shoot up ?
    I am with charles schwab and they are biggest broker who own Ameritrade, Usually they large inventory of stock to borrow. What these can tell you ? thanks

2. AR15

AR15

Lol schwab just doesnt have borrows bro. Nobodys shorting in Schwab if this is why you're buying trash stocks you deserve the loss

3. Totally Irrelevant post and Shows you don't know nothing about it, because you are not in the market. FYI I am holding portfolio of 250 stocks from small cap to large cap, I'm long term investor

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Charles Schwab hasn't been relevant since 2007 or 2001, that site caters to senior citizens who want slow and steady and tiny returns and estate planning. You need to switch trading brokers to something exciting like Fidelity. Large and in charge.

5. AR15

AR15

You're a long term bagholder holding small cap pump and dumps looking for someone to agree that all ur stocks are about to 10x

I make money off losers like you every day by going short on these stocks hahaha

6. it has nothing to do with question i asked ...

7. for a broker who has more than 10 trillion in assets any stock should be easy to borrow

8. ``that site caters to senior citizens`` LOL

9. zdreg

zdreg

I compare different sites. you don't know the site.

10. zdreg

zdreg

Like any broker Schwab lends securities to its own customers to short and to other brokers who in turn lend them to its own customers. To assume any stock should be easy to borrow is an obvious error in logic. Some stocks have a large demand to short and are unborrowable.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    #10     Aug 27, 2021