Why Capitalism is a total failure in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lighnintrade, Dec 31, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

#51     Jan 2, 2012
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Is Christian a Race? I always, until now, thought it was a religion. Could we maybe just say neither racial nor religious slurs are in good taste. But isn't being in bad taste what ET is all about?

Just for the sake of argument, Oldtime, and to push a bit further into bad taste, I would point out that their does seem to be a tenuous three-way going on in the U.S, among the capitalists (corporations if you will), the government, and the churches (which I've observed to be mostly Christian). :D

#52     Jan 2, 2012
  3. and that's powerful stuff

#53     Jan 2, 2012
  4. Mvector

Mvector

Nope - They can't detain me under a NDAA bill! ;-)

#54     Jan 2, 2012
  5. refer back to my previous post, we already went through this with the Jews

#55     Jan 2, 2012
  6. bone

bone

Ipso facto, why the hell are you starting threads on a website which promotes the most capitalistic of ventures: TRADING ?

#56     Jan 2, 2012
  7. some of us trade because that's all we can do. It doesn't mean we don't enjoy talking about how it should be. I personally wouldn't enjoy living in a world where there is no trading, but I suppose some guy who makes things would not enjoy living in a world where there is nothing but trading. That's why they are OWS. They think that's all there is to it anymore.

Maybe I'll start an Occupy Peoria Movement. We'll go to CAT and complain just one percent make things here, but what are they doing for the 99% who own the stock? Pension funds, IRA's 401k's, it's time they quit making things and start making the stock move so the rest of us 99% can make some money.

#57     Jan 2, 2012
  8. (Quote from futurecurrents:

I know! What more do you need other the selfish pursuit of wealth that is capitalism?

Who needs some over-arching ethical coherence to our United States? Survival of the luckiest and richest I say. To hell with the unfortunate and poor. No room for that in our "Christian/Capitalist Nation".)

Sorry, just calling it as I see it. Jesus was a capitalist. I'm pretty sure.

#58     Jan 2, 2012
  9. you may be right, "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth," sounds a lot like those adds Exxon and BP run.

#59     Jan 2, 2012
  10. Are you persecuting Exxon and BP ?.....".the persecuted shall inherit the kingdom of God",.... and that's even better than the earth. The earth is going to be a mess from all the burnt oil anyway.

#60     Jan 2, 2012