Why cant Romney put in the same effort as Perot articulating his plan/ideas?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Jem, perhaps you should collaborate with "Sam Bacile" to produce Dawn of the Brain Dead.

#32     Sep 17, 2012
  2. I defend the right of freedom of expression by individuals. Entire populations and governments cannot be held accountable for the opinion of the individual. That's how it works, that being freedom. If I have to listen to their non-sense, they have to listen to mine. Scream and holler all they like. No problem. Burn flags. Whatever. Piss on the bible. Couldn't care less. Physically attack me or mine. You die!

#33     Sep 17, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

A noble gesture, to be sure. And one that should be encouraged provided that everyone plays responsibly and by the same rules. But their boys across the pond play by an entirely different set of rules that keep getting your boys killed. There is freedom and then there is discretion and the intelligent employ of that freedom. And, of course, there is that definition of insanity of which I reminded you earlier.

#34     Sep 17, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

I voted for him too.
    I'm not one of the weak-in-the-knees FOX News Zombie "conservative" blowhards you see here on ET spewing their bravado nonstop.
    I'm a true conservative/libertarian.
    I won't cast my vote for any horseshit like Obama or Romney.

#35     Sep 17, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Exsqueeze me, brother Ricci.
    Is that first word in your post "If"?

#36     Sep 17, 2012
  6. Yes, but you're not addressing the fact that this is the vocal action of one guy being met by the violent actions of tens of thousands. If we surpress the voice of one just to appease those that look for any reason to justify their violence, we all lose our freedom. Frankly, they have better reasons to hate us.

#37     Sep 17, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

You'd think that something as precious as freedom would be used a bit more intelligently and thoughtfully in a dangerous, unpredictable and interconnected world. That its value wouldn't be so offhandedly diminished. Isn't it unfortunate that this freedom includes the freedom to disregard the very real consequences of the thoughtless exercise of that freedom?

#38     Sep 17, 2012
  8. hughb

hughb

There was nothing to rebut the media's portryal of Perot as a nutjob back then. If there had been an internet to allow a more even handed debate and freer flow of information, Perot could have possibly won, he definitely would have gotten more votes.

#39     Sep 17, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

They're obsessed with their agenda of class warfare and taxing the "rich" to promote it.

#40     Sep 17, 2012