Why can't many professional floor traders make money in electronic trading markets?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by helpme_please, Dec 5, 2017.

1. How ridiculous to use the ES as an example

#21     Dec 11, 2017
  2. Fine, give me an example not using the ES.

#22     Dec 11, 2017
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Guys, let's keep it friendly, avoid personal attacks, and stick to the topic. Thanks.

#23     Dec 11, 2017
    RRY16 likes this.
  4. I don't want to stop you. If you have some valuable insights that you wanted to share from your days as a market maker on whatever floor you were on then please share.

If you could share the most single most important insight on the differences between screen trading and floor trading that would actually help someone then please share. This is your chance to be more than a troll.

The "floor" is yours, please share with us what is so valuable that you have been holding back.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    #24     Dec 11, 2017
  5. Go through RRY16's entire 700+ history of posts and look to see if he ever contributes anything of value in any discussion ever. Everything he has to offer is sarcasm, name calling and a serious lack of insights. I know things can get ugly in the Politics section but take a look at how he acts outside of that forum as well.

He is clearly a devoted troll without question.

#25     Dec 11, 2017
  6. RRY16

RRY16

Its already been addressed and has to mainly do with order flow and the style of trader you are..A lot of meat heads made good floor traders and many quants didn't..You wouldn't have succeeded because you whine and play the victim.

#26     Dec 11, 2017

7. Since i'm not one of the conspirators, an actual example might be hard to come by. Would be even harder if i WAS one of them

#27     Dec 11, 2017