Why Can't Liberals Make it on Talk Radio?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Well yeah, his daughters are not going to DIE in Irak or come back crippled to a divorce, foreclosure, and failed career. Leave it to the poor impressionable heartland white bloke who played "America's army" twice and wanted to to go fight for "Freedom".....The Freedom of Cheney's daughter to be a lesbian and marry her partner.

Powell was the most reluctant to go to war because he way the only true Soldier among them. none of them have ever seen combat. But hey the stupid fucks got just what they deserved, look at them, they're still clamoring for 8 more years of GOP rule.

#21     Oct 20, 2008
  2. Hmm, Item 1 clearly describes a lot of rap music to to most of us old schoolers. I'll have to mention that to the guys this weekend. Interesting.

Item 2 could easily eliminate most of my community also. The high grade school dropout statistics would easily justify me saying that comprehension is an issue that may cause trouble in my community.

Item 3 would also be of minimal impact as we constantly hear that we are not gainfully employed or that we hold a lot of the low paying jobs. I would make the case that a household that is making under $30k (gross) a year is not making a major contribution to the tax base.

And unemployed or not, there is a high percentage of my community (especially those under 30) that could easily recite for you the words to most of this weeks top ten songs on the rap chart. This is the same community that has made the hair weave market a treasure trove. It's nothing for them to religiously spend $250 a month on the stuff.

And don't get me started with all the Jesse Jackson, Al Shartpton vettings. Our talking points mostly get spread at and from church on Sunday morning. Ask the folks at Trinity! That make them fact for Monday morning repeating for us too! It's no wonder the information is RELIGIOUSLY undisputable, and firmly believed! :)

#22     Oct 20, 2008
  3. The American press in general are driveling cheerleaders, largely for Democrats. Once the Iraq war actually started to go well the number of journalists in the area was greatly reduced!! I literally cannot get through a nightmarish Los Angeles Times, they make me feel like shit. They make me feel like I'm lost in an existential maze... stories about the "widow that gets $784 a month and is fighting for the other $37 she so desperately needs", stories about "the rich guy that is tied up between 5 different public sector agencies and cannot quit or win", "the poor hard working illegal immigrant" stories... that is all just shit that does not interest me. They seem to cover the negative side of absolutely every frigging thing they can think of to the point of intellectual paralysis and complete hopelessness on my part. I guess that's so "The One" can announce that he is going to give me hope...

I like the USA Today, no half informing scare stories, they wait until things are understandable and then they write on it, what is so hard about that? They have the editorials on both sides of a question, etc... and they leave me feeling like they are actually here to help me...

#23     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Wasting trillions on Iraq is not the war going well. Iraq war cannot be "won". The amount of men and material and money wasted on this pointless endeavour precludes the word "victory" from being used with it.

#24     Oct 20, 2008
  5. That statement is so transparently false (cheerleading the war in Iraq, for example, with NYT's Judith Miller now working for Fox News) that it's not even worth addressing.

#25     Oct 20, 2008
  6. #26     Oct 20, 2008
  7. VERY witty bro....:D

#27     Oct 20, 2008
  8. Thanks for the link Doc. Cool shit. Gonna read it now and leave the arguin' for to-morrow........

#28     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Well don't address it then, a faggish backhanded wave of dismissal from you is information enough for us because we really respect your brainpower...

#29     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Alright, since you asked so nicely and are such a gentleman about it, there have been more than a couple of studies on media bias.

One, from UCLA, is a joke in that labels something left or right depending on whether an article quotes a group considered left or right -- so an article against guns referencing the NRA would be considered right wing, for example even though it's against guns. There are (many) other problems with that study as well. It wound up being published in some economics journal -- it was that bad.

That study, which is an insult to intelligence, found that there was a liberal bias to the media.

Studies of media coverage of this election, for example, found that Obama received more coverage -- mostly negative when compared to McCain.

As I mentioned above, Judith Miller, who wrote many articles cheerleading the non-existent WMDs in Iraq for the Nytimes, is now working for Fox News.

(Fox News' President is a former Nixon media advisor, and part of his dirty tricks squad, as yet another example.)

One study which should make every thinking person angry, stated that reporters were more likely to be Democrats -- and they surveyed fashion and sports writers, among others. Dishonest? Yes. Outrageous? Yes.

And so on, and so on, and so on. There is so much Republican mythology that it simply can't all be discredited just by the sheer bulk of it.

#30     Oct 21, 2008