Why can't I get a job? Recent Grad, 3.7 GPA, Good Exp, Year and a half of searching..

Discussion in 'Economics' started by INeedAJob, Sep 8, 2009.

1. I think the migrants are creating a problem for you.

#281     Dec 1, 2009
  2. leela

leela

Can you get a blue collar job? Not sure blue collar jobs are still available!

#282     Dec 1, 2009
  3. l2tradr

l2tradr

Hang in there bud...

#283     Dec 1, 2009
  4. which blue collar field did you decide to pursue?

#284     Dec 1, 2009
  5. Isn't this the reason we all trade? So none of this is an issue for us?

#285     Dec 1, 2009
  6. the1

the1

You are sooooo not alone. I know so many people who can't find jobs. I got uncles in the trades who have been out of work since 2007 with no chances of landing a job anytime soon.

What are two certainties in life? Correct, death and taxes. You already got a business degree. Now go get that Master's in Tax. You will never have to worry about being unemployed again.

#286     Dec 1, 2009
  7. Sorry to hear about your current situation. Take the holiday season off and relax...

Aiming lower, I thought of 3 job ideas for 2010:

A: Re-up in the military...

B: Get a job at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Target. Find a growing company that has a management career ladder training program...

C: Move to Los Angeles (Westside LA/Santa Monica) and become a bartender at night and aspiring actor/comedian by day...

I would pick option "C". If you become a bartender you would probably get laid more often and wake up in the morning with a smile... That should reduce your stress level. If you are really good at it, become a gigolo. :D

Wishing you a more prosperous 2010!!!

#287     Dec 1, 2009