Why buy a home to lose money on it the next day? 19 million homes vacant.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Awesome deal.

Congratulations.

#21     Feb 3, 2009
  2. Quite the opposite, idiot.

#22     Feb 3, 2009
  3. gnome

gnome

All true and fundamental to our situation...

However, the Gummint is BUSTING ITS BALLS to try to get credit "flowing again" at somewhere near the rate of activity prior to the start of the contraction.

Likely not to happen, regardless of their effort. More likely, a SUBSTANTIAL slow down in credit and consumer spending... waayyy more than the Adminstration perceives... could easily settle out at -20% below the prior peak... that would devastate Gummint tax receipts...

#23     Feb 3, 2009
  4. 305 million people in the U.S., comprised of all ages and all income groups. And 19 million vacant homes.

#24     Feb 3, 2009
  5. Good God......

Someone should start a "Stupidest Post of the Year" thread in chit chat, and nominate this.

Cuz even though it's only the 1st week Of Feb, I believe we may have a winner.....

#25     Feb 3, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

At 16.05 persons per vacancy that should just about take care of the illegal immigrant housing problem.

:)

#26     Feb 3, 2009

7. :D

no, another guy.

:D

#27     Feb 3, 2009
  8. Mvic

Mvic

Fair enough, congratulations on a hell of a deal if bay area means the same thing to me as it does to you. Would you mind sharing the zip code?

#28     Feb 3, 2009
  9. well I want to be the first person to thank everyone for listening to these guys.. because i just bought a wonderful house on the beach in florida for 25K :D my first house at 22 and its ALREADY payed off... hahaha maybe this whole collapse isnt so bad after all.... also i wouldnt trust a Financial Advisor with any of my money or any of my financial decisions as most of them have no idea what they are talking about. I forget the actual percentage of Financial advisors who are actually qualified for there jobs but i know its low.... I may just buy the house down the street for 20k lol literally a FSBO sign on the house for 20k... and just jam some inbred in there and charge em 250 bucks rent and not to F shit up or ill throw him out

#29     Feb 3, 2009
  10. Sushi

Sushi

Stop your lying there are no beach houses in fla for 25k. Post a picture and details or go back to yahoo with the losers

#30     Feb 3, 2009