Why Bitcoin is Surging and How This Rally Is Different from 2017

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Daal, Nov 20, 2020.

1. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

1. Bitcoin holders are now in full control and the vast majority of them aren't interested in selling until at least a $1trillion cap ($64k). Even then there might not be many - Where is the supply going to come from to overcome the demand? EVERY day the supply is getting SMALLER and SMALLER like no other market the world has ever seen. The Bitcoin holders know this full well and they want some payback because holding Bitcoin is not easy

2. I think one can make a case that the blow-off top to $20k can be deleted from the charts, if so we are in full price discovery mode right now. If not, we soon will be

3. It's a brave man that uses and relies on traditional indicators in a non-traditional market, ie one that's slowly being cornered with a 100% guaranteed limited supply with a big chunk of that locked up and taken off the market

4. Unlikely we get any sort of pullback at these levels or higher because there are now so many buyers lurking (the smart one's aren't messing around and paying market) around these levels they're going to view xmas has come early if they can pick up anything less than $15k. I admit, anything is possible so the next month is going to be very interesting. If anything, I'd love to see a pullback to see what happens.

5. If we do get any major pullbacks, and hypothetically if there are no new buyers coming into BTC, many of the holders will just scoop up more Bitcoin and the whole upcoming move will just get delayed. Again, the Bitcoin holders know they're in charge, know they've started to corner the market so any further adding to their holdings only supports their corner and makes the upcoming move even more violent

#21     Nov 21, 2020
    Trader Curt and johnarb like this.
  2. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Having said the above, Willy Woo (@woonomic) an excellent Bitcoin chain analyst says "old hands have been selling into this rally since the start of Nov, BTC @ $13k+".

So maybe some new supply is coming on to the market at these sorts of levels. If so, it's been gobbled up.

Further Woo -

"there's so much FOMO and strong fundamentals being blasted out, there's also signs of the market being overheated locally. I'd be very surprised if we break all-time-high on the first try without a rejection, or consolidation, before a second run at it."

Ultimately nobody knows, but it sure is going to be interesting to watch the action over the next month and into 2021.

#22     Nov 21, 2020
  3. Sprout

Sprout

The sentiment is shared. I was anticipating three sell offs on the weekly that didn’t materialize since $10k and had to re-enter long quite quickly.

This move to a new ATH is coming faster than anticipated.

#23     Nov 21, 2020
  4. They

They

Bitcoin_Market_Cap_Comparison.jpg

#24     Nov 21, 2020
  5. #25     Nov 21, 2020
  6. They

They

#26     Nov 21, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

it's interesting to see BTC at these levels w/o even being in mania/parabolic mode yet. It does point to quite a bit higher price

#27     Nov 22, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  8. TimMykes

TimMykes

The turkeys get nothing . They are all sheep , led to slaughter . aka democrats

[​IMG]

#28     Nov 22, 2020
  9. What about ripple? anyone have any thoughts on this ? Looks like its easier to get a 10 bagger out of this than btc at the moment, but who knows

#29     Nov 22, 2020
  10. I suppose it's connected somehow to this whole "pandemic thing". Crypto has grown gast during this time

#30     Nov 23, 2020