Why being awkward makes you more likely to succeed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dealmaker, Feb 26, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Slartibartfast and themickey like this.
  2. He just described what it takes to be an ET, extraterrestrial trader. o_O

I'm thinking along the likes of Japanese traders CIS and BNF, Dan Zanger, and Jesse Livermore,
    Weird, or socially awkward, people can sometimes be perfectionists and truly last out a long grind to be really excellent at something.

Slartibartfast and dealmaker like this.
  3. The handy thing about being a little obsessive is you don't necessarily go straight out and buy a nicer car or whatever, the equity builds until you really don't know what to do with all the money. ;)

Cuddles likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

I find myself in this situation. I love cars but just can't take on depreciating assets like that.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  5. I bought a classic replica a year back, the good ones appreciate in value. Especially if you can get some hybrid action going.

You can go merc or whatever however... classic beauty and a Subaru Impreza underneath ;)

I should add, I have another classic car, original spec.. a beauty but too much effort really.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Jay Leno says his best investment was his 1994 McLaren F1.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  7. Not bad, an early/mid 90's McLaren F1 is considered one of the Godly cars in the Supercar World,

But that statement still makes him sound like a poorly-skilled investor or trader.
    You could have grown that initial amount into something much more grander during that era and up to today still o_O, :cool: