Why arent the US accepting 2 million iraqi refugees

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jun 1, 2007.

1. "Every liberal who ran for president the last 2 terms ALSO voted for the war."

More stupidity from the jzpukeus...

"I didn't just vote against the war, I shared an in-depth analysis with Members of Congress that I wrote in October 2002, after reviewing intelligence reports," Kucinich said.

"The information that Senator Clinton said she was lacking was available to anyone who wanted to see it," said Kucinich, who ran 7 points ahead of Clinton in the Moveon poll released last week. "Now that she and all the others who voted incorrectly know what they didn't know then, they are still voting the wrong way," Kucinich stated, referring to votes on war funding.

Kucinich also talked about Senator Obama's presidential campaign, where Senator Obama claims to have opposed the war from the start and implies that, if he had been in the Senate at the time, he would have voted against it. "Senator Obama has a 100 percent record of voting for funding the war in Iraq, as does Senator Clinton," Kucinich said.

Last month, in under a week, the Democrats appropriated $97 billion in supplemental funds for the war and approved the 2008 Bush budget, which not only budgeted $145 billion for the war in 2008, but allocated an additional $50 billion for 2009.

"So much for Democratic timelines," Kucinich observed. "This war needs to end now, and Democrats should stop funding it now. The money's in the pipeline now to bring the troops home, and I've written legislation, HR 1234, to begin a process to stabilize Iraq as the U.S. troops leave."
    Kucinich, the only candidate who has consistently voted against the invasion of Iraq and the funding of the occupation, noted, "Their lack of good judgment raises questions not only about their ability to win in November of 2008, but also about whether they have the good judgment, foresight, and independence necessary to be President of the United States."

http://kucinich.us/node/4287

#21     Jun 5, 2007
  2. "In fact, I don't see a single Muslim speaking on behalf of the US, or speaking against the terrorists and/or suicide bombings, etc etc."

More blindness from the right...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...uslims+speaking+out+against+terrorism&spell=1

#22     Jun 5, 2007
  3. Thanks for the link. When I have more time I'll go through it to see if there is anything written in the last 5 years. LOL! Unfortunately, you got a few stale ones in the first several links.

That said, I see nothing in the conventional media sources, ever.

OldTrader

#23     Jun 5, 2007
  4. Force yourself to believe whatever you want. The individuals you voted for would have put us in the same (if not worse) situation than we are now. Good luck to you.

W]e urge you to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out." -- Clinton's Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national security. It should be clear that our national security requires Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"I share the administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction." -- Dick Gephardt in September of 2002

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, 2002

Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

#24     Jun 5, 2007
  5. actually wasnt Al Gore vehenmently against the war. If he would have won the election america would be a wayyyy better place come on. You know the war sucked. Whats it doing is creating better terriosts. Its like jail. criminals only get better inside, adn developt skills and contacts. The same kind of tatics used in iraq is being used all around the world.

#25     Jun 5, 2007
  6. You couldn't be MORE WRONG. You're not very politically astute to make such an absurd statement. No wonder ZZZ comes to your defense. Good luck to you as well.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

#26     Jun 5, 2007
  7. So you can't face the fact that you were wrong, and now you claim to know who I voted for...

So it is with jzlunatic...

#27     Jun 6, 2007
  8. Time to re-read some quotes, ZZZ.

#28     Jun 6, 2007
  9. I am sure you actually think you have a point, many like you, who live on the idiot side the bell curve do, but it is actually nothing but more and more jzludicrous...

#29     Jun 6, 2007