Why arent the US accepting 2 million iraqi refugees

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jun 1, 2007.

1. But your country owes these people. Its like the person who causes a car accident or the guy who knocks up a girl, or the girl who decides to have sex, you have to take responsibilty. its no longer a question about who voted yes or no, you did it, and now you have the responsibility to feed, cloth, and take in the 2 million refugees. You have to admit, your a mature democracy, even if you voted no, or voted yes, its your problem now. You have todo the right thing and feed cloth, and take in 2 million plus iraqis.

#11     Jun 1, 2007
  2. She's great still together, hows your bf, or gf :D....well like I said your a democracy. Whether you voted yes or no, its your responsibility to take in and feed and cloth 2 milllion plus iraqis. No strings, no if or butts, no green cards, you owe them citizenship in your country. Come on jz you know Im right. Its like the guy who decides to drink and drive. Your an adult and you made that decision to drink and drive, and you have to take these guys in. Its going to cause great strain in your society, both financially and socially. But you guys decided to go to war. Like i said whether you voted yes or no, against or not against, your a democracy, and you all have the responsibilty. So just deal with it, and take them in.

#12     Jun 1, 2007
  3. My girl is fine, thanks for asking! She's over the age of 13 though... Sorry, I guess you wouldn't like her.
    OK, fine... I'll take the Iraqi's in since it's my responsibility. I have a bunk bed in my office and some sleeping bags. The rest can sleep in the basement (its huge). Just make sure they stay off my ping pong, foosball & billiards tables.

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. lol, wow you have 1 million bunkbeds :D...ok seriously dont you think its ironic, the same conservatives who are for the war, dont want those 2 million iraqis coming to america?

#14     Jun 2, 2007
  5. The conservatives want them here as much as the liberals who voted for the war and JUST VOTED to provide more money to the war want them here.

#15     Jun 2, 2007
  6. To me it boils down to just plain racism and fear from the conservative side. They just dont want 2 million muslims in their country. Nobody will admit it, except the most hardcore, but its a huge factor. Its unconciousnable. I dont know how they can call themselves the moral part of the country, when they dont allow 2 million + refugees into their country. People, who by there actions caused them tobe homeless. Don't you think its pretty ironic?

#16     Jun 2, 2007
  7. jem

jem

so it is racism huh. We took in those Catholic Iraqis a few months back. Wael even tossed us a thank you. Of course they do not seem to wish to suicide bomb us.

did you see the numbers on muslims who support terror in the U.S.

by my guess that means 1/3 to 1/2 of young muslim men support targeting civilians to achieve islamic objectives.

Now what do you think the number would be for non american muslims.

You still think we should let young muslim men into the country?

#17     Jun 3, 2007
  8. LT701

LT701

while on the one hand there is some logic to what you say, on the other hand, you're yet another foreigner telling us what our immigration policy should be

and for that, get in line behind mexico and india, who also attempt to dictate to americans what our policy should be

i feel you have the same business as they do in this matter

-> none

#18     Jun 4, 2007
  9. America doesn't owe the Iraqis, actually its the other way around . . .

Is it true that you were on Dateline NBC, speaking to Chris Hansen??

#19     Jun 4, 2007
  10. I not only don't want 2 million muslims from Iraq in my country, I don't even want one. Call it racism if you choose....makes no difference to me. Why don't you explain to me why I would let a single muslim into my country when so many feel nothing but hatred, and want to kill Americans?

In fact, I don't see a single Muslim speaking on behalf of the US, or speaking against the terrorists and/or suicide bombings, etc etc. And you want to let more in? LOL!

OldTrader

#20     Jun 4, 2007