Why aren't the trades on stocks taxed?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by rockwill, Mar 3, 2012.

1. A transaction tax in theory is a good idea. -kills HFT -makes trading cheaper.

However it has disadvantages - makes trading more expensive -taxes have tendency to be used to balance budget, ever upward creep. - possibility of extreme lobbying for exemptions, which defeats the advantages.

In conclusion, the tax is neither a good idea nor a bad one. mostly a timewaster idea this is how politicians and economists create jobs for themselves.

#21     Mar 4, 2012
  2. No
    Kidding. Taxes are a way to for politicians to rob its people.

Politicians don't even represent its constituents anymore. They only represent themselves.

Mitt Romney said a few times he doesn't care about the poor. No shit. They have no money he could rob from so why bother with the poor.

He said he didn't mean it the way he said it. Well then why say it the way you did? You could have used different words. But, your distaste for the poor must have been so strong that you couldn't consciously suppress your subconscious distaste for poor. Freudian slip if you will.

You guys are so naive and gullible.

I recenlty said that bankers are evil and would stab you in the back if you saved them from the side of the cliff. Nobody seemed to believe me. They wanted proof. I was even told to pay attentoon to the disclaimer. What kind of mook are you? What fucking disclaimer? Disclaimers are worthless piece of shit that primarily exist to legally protect the banker if you get reamed hard. There should be a clause that says if the banker loses a big chunk of your money that he/she should be forced to eat shit until he/she dies.

Anyway, recently a Morgan Stanley banker stiffed a cabbie, verbally abused him, and stabbed him a few times. Read the article. An eye opener.

Amazing coincidence about what I said about bankers and a stabbing incident between a banker and a cabbie.

This is Karma in action. Karma is an amazing powerful force of nature.

#22     Mar 4, 2012
  3. NO. HELP = STOP YOUR GOVERNMENT FROM WASTING TAXPAYER MONEY AND DEFICIT SPENDING! STOP MOOCH-ELLE FROM TAKING EXPENSIVE VACATIONS ON THE TAXPAYER'S DIME EVERY OTHER WEEK.

#23     Mar 4, 2012
  4. They are taxed, you just want to plunder what you consider a cash cow for those you consider "more deserving": How magnanimous of you.

#24     Mar 4, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

tax this tax that..it's fucking pointless without proper spending and accountability. here is a fresh example of how US gvt handles my money-

Killer got $30,000 in unemployment while in jail, officials say

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-killer-unemployment-20120305,0,202451.story

this fucker got more,than most of ET members got from their trading.
    on top of that he got free housing and free, balanced diet at the prison. all at my expense. last month i made less than him..
    and now OP is proposing to tax us on every transaction we made..winning or losing trade-doesn't matter. just pay the fucking tax every time you press buy or sell button,right?

#25     Mar 5, 2012
  6. Stok

Stok

Strong first post. Your are a shill for OWS and liberals. Please leave now :D

#26     Mar 5, 2012