Why aren't certain ET members able to use the ignore feature?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 2, 2009.

1. I remember back in the sixties and seventies when censorship reared its ugly head (and even in the modern era with the reaction to Janet Jackson's Super Bowl tit display), as the changing social nature of America met with the old biddies and religious freaks who were so "disgusted" with the rise of freedom of expression.

You would see these old folks going off on what other people were doing, what was being shown in movies and on TV...and they went frucken nuts. Then the right wing evangelical crowd joined in on the fun of trying to censor anything they didn't like, anything they didn't approve of.

I always wondered why they continued to watch those movies, the TV shows, etc.? Why didn't they just mind their own business and watch what they wanted to watch? No, that wouldn't do at all. They felt some need to control and stop the freedom that others had.

They would purposely watch what they found disgusting...probably for the joy and pleasure and self righteousness of after watching it saying "Oh, how disgusting. These things should be censored."

Why couldn't they just ignore it?

I also recall when Howard Cosell was on Monday Night Football, how so many people hated him. I mean seriously hated the guy.

They hated him so much that they would never miss watching him...just to get off on feeling the hatred.

Why didn't they just turn off the TV or turn down the sound?

Which brings me to ET Town.

Why don't members who don't like reading the posts of someone, just use the ignore button?

Why do they continue to try and engage those they consider "trolls?"

Because it pleasures them...

Now who is really the sick one in all of this?

The one they claim to be a "troll" or the ones who just can't click the ignore button and be done with it?

2. I'm feeling much better since I started using the ignore button frequently. ET gets better and better:D

3. Because you just make such an excellent whipping-boy... a master of douchebaggery, perfectly wretched in every way- you're practically irreplaceable! :D

4. Your imagination working overtime again...sadistic impotence as usual.