Why aren't all genius's rich?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by macattack, Jun 10, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Another ET gem.

#31     Jun 11, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

(Perhaps good trading is too simple for a genius to grasp.)

#32     Jun 11, 2011
  3. Always wondered,what type of animal would succed in trading..

#33     Jun 11, 2011
  4. Snake..

Pretty stupid and mostly useless, but very opportunistic..

#34     Jun 11, 2011
  5. :D :D

True!I wish i have some kind of device that emulate snake`s sight.

#35     Jun 11, 2011
  6. Now you see, this proves you're imbeciles.

No comment. You should have immediately begun working on:

1) an app that produces 100 diff fart noises

2) an app that shows Steve Jobs levitating

3) an app that posts random WINNING trade exits to Stocktwits. No entry required.

#36     Jun 11, 2011
  7. Handle123

Handle123

Most Genius' I have worked with as they as students think in terms of logic, like Spock, an orderly flow to grasp. However, markets are pure emotion, illogic and forms visionally in Price Bars. I believe the entire bar is based originally on fear. I, also believe that brokerage houses just know based on these fears when some trader is going to pull the plug on a position to get in or out. Now granted one trader's position is not going to mean much of anything, but since 95% of those lose, brokerages have known forever who are losers, how far to take the market to make the newer trader to do a reoccuring pattern based on emotions.

How many times have you gotten out cause you can't stand the "pain" of being in that winning or losing position, only to then see Price go in the direction you had hoped it would go? Like shooting fish in a barrel.

I luv to study people and their actions, especially men as we tend to be more black and white in our emotions. If we are having an heated exchange with wife or girlfriend, they start to have tears, most of the time we backpeddle to avoid this situation, this is an emotion reoccuring pattern. I believe most traders don't spend enough time talking to themselves and describing what Price is actually doing during the day, start forming opinions of the repeative emotional patterns.

I believe "good trading" for Genius' is too hard for them to grasp, the smarter you think you are, the longer it is going to take. IMHO

Ok, back to my rocking chair and hard lemonade.

#37     Jun 11, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.
  8. pattern38

pattern38

Geniuses are too smart (to play) the market... The market attracts the ones most unfit for it...

#38     Jun 11, 2011
  9. Smartest guy I know won't leave his 80k job. I tried so hard to get this guy working for me, tried to get people to set him up with >3x his current salary guaranteed, but he just won't budge. He thinks he's changing the world for 80k a year doing the tech work he's doing, but his company's stock price has been in the toilet.

I've given up trying to convince him. But then, who's to say he isn't so smart that he sees something in his 80k lifestyle that I'm not smart enough to see?

#39     Jun 11, 2011
  10. People often speak of race, when it is actually about class.

Your 80k genius may have parents who are from the working class. If he took this indoctrination to heart, he does not know how to be free. It is a foreign concept. Literally.

While at ET I have come to understand very clearly why 5% control 40% of the wealth. Most individuals that you know come from a certain stock, and that stock was educated in a certain way. There is no getting around this.

#40     Jun 11, 2011