Why are you posting on ET?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qlai, Oct 30, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

I have asked myself this recently. Why do I have the urge to post? Helping others is one of the reasons but I am not sure I have enough expertise to even offer my "advise" in most cases. So what I'm leaning to is that posting here makes me think a bit deeper about the topic, express my opinions/beliefs, and have them challenged by you guys. Getting your beliefs challenged and even ridiculed is not something you can easily get somewhere else(people either don't care enough or try to be nice). What's in it for you?

CSEtrader, ElectricSavant and ps0013 like this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

I like to think out loud, helps my learning process.

Banter helps to lol

3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i'm a sadist and like misery.

danielc1 and ElectricSavant like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I post here for the sole benefit of pushing the posting limits so Admin Magna yells at me, and I get the red eyeball treatment. This way I feel like I'm in the movie TRON, with the 2001 twist.

I'm j/k. Mostly.

5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Getting the opportunity to interact with the good folks -
    Being entertained -
    Kill time after the desk opens and there is no good TV or markets are just dead -
    Helping to stay awake -
    Some recruiting -

dealmaker, JSOP and ps0013 like this.
  6. JSOP

JSOP

There is a posting limit here? :wtf:

7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

[​IMG]

8. Handle123

Handle123

Sometimes posting whatever forms a new idea for me or I see something I have forgotten. Am limited in even chatting about trading as my next ex girlfriend have no clue of me expressing what it is I do. And should I help someone, I tend to receive tenfold. I try not to be negative, but if I see total wrong way to become profitable, truth sometimes hurts. If I totally didn't care about people, I wouldn't post at all.

beginner66, CSEtrader and smallfil like this.
  9. d08

d08

ET does have good information at times and it's helpful for people, at least when it comes to regulation, market news etc.
    Besides, I do have the urge to talk about the markets and ET is my outlet. I don't get much of a reply when the gf hears my ramblings. I could be talking with a random bum on the street corner but I doubt he's informed about the latest MiFiD paperwork requirements or IB margin requirements.

CSEtrader and Slartibartfast like this.
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

#10     Oct 30, 2018