Why are we broke?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 10, 2011.

1. I agree

Iraq-Bush policy.Bush signed the deal to withdraw troops before Obama took office

Afghanistan-expanded former Bush policy

Homeland security-expanded former Bush policy

Stimulus-Bush had 2 stimulus packages

Bail outs-continued Bush's polices of bail outs

Taxes-extended Bush tax cuts,Obama's stimulus package contained 275 billion in tax cuts or credits

Obama care-Obama care was the Republican Congress health plan in the 90's and later Passed by Mitt Romney in Mass

Deficits-unlike Carter and Clinton who had balanced or near balanced budgets,Obama has record breaking budget deficits like Reagan and Bush

Amnesty-attempted amnesty for millions of illegals like Reagan did and Bush and McCain tried to do

Oil-signed a bill that allowed more oil drilling right before the gulf spill

Gitmo-allowed Bush's torture prison to stay open

#11     Apr 11, 2011
  2. Remembered as one of the greatest men in the history of the world.

#12     Apr 11, 2011
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

Not greater than the founding fathers. Being forced to turn your guns on fellow countrymen is nothing to be proud of on either side, north or south.

#13     Apr 11, 2011
  4. Many rank him higher then the founding fathers.Every poll has Washington or Lincoln # 1

#14     Apr 11, 2011
  5. Lincoln didn't want to,but when traitors attack a US Fort and try to steal half of US land he has to

#15     Apr 11, 2011
  6. At least he pointed them in the right direction. unlike Pinkertons.

#16     Apr 11, 2011
  7. Larson

Larson Guest

Except for Pennsylvania and Maryland, Civil War was fought on Southern land. You really are historically challenged aren't you?

#17     Apr 11, 2011
  8. I don't have the time to refute this post,I would have to explain everything from a grade school history and civics book to you .

#18     Apr 11, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

#19     Apr 11, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

We're not actually broke. While we carry substantial debt, we do have assests and income.

#20     Apr 11, 2011