Why are we borrowing even more to give Pakistan more aid?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Corelio

Corelio

I believe that one needs to gather all the facts before making such an uneducated comment. If you read Cold War history and the historical relationship between the ISI and the CIA, you would view this "amicable" relationship with different eyes. While the relationship between Pakistan and the US is portrayed as "amicable" in the media and political front, history will show you that self-interests, corruption and disloyalty are part of this relationship as it unfolds under the table.

In fact, if you compare the "diplomacy" and military strategies implemented back in the early 80s there is very little difference as to what is unfolding right now.

#21     Aug 19, 2010
  2. toc

toc

there is no such plan at hand and more so because Pak has 100 nukes, you can take out a dozen but not 100s. they are not in one building but scattered all over.

if finding nukes was that easy, then by now US would have defanged Pak already and have the boys come back home. :D

#22     Aug 19, 2010
  3. "Stupid Indians"have highest in the WORLD math scores among young teens, and alot of them work in USA in google, hp, etc..

#23     Aug 19, 2010
  4. Exactly. It's the same reason we're still in Afghanistan. If the Taliban overthrows the Pakistani government, Al Queda will have its hands on 40-50 nuclear weapons.

#24     Aug 19, 2010
  5. Not to mention Pakistan and India have some smart doctors working in US emergency rooms.

#25     Aug 19, 2010
  6. toc

toc

This shows how stupid Indians really are, their best brains work outside and when the terrorists hit their financial capital, the "stupid indians" could not even get a helicopter to ferry commandos from base to the airport. "Stupid Indian Commandos" were sitting in the traffic for 2 hours and it took them 12 hours to reach the site of interest. That's so stupid that even a Drunk Russian would feel to be of some worth.

:D

#26     Aug 19, 2010
  7. "Commandos" 12 hours to reach the site. Wow, You are not talking about reaching other side of the Globe are you? :D

#27     Aug 19, 2010
  8. drcha

drcha

Agree with sending them personal funds--those people are suffering in ways that we will never have to. That's the E in ET: the fact that you are even posting here means you are one of the lucky few on this planet. Almost entirely the luck of the draw.

From a national perspective, I guess we are supposed to think that America is trying to win hearts and minds. But what good is that when those hearts and minds are not free? The Pakistani people cannot change things over there any more than we can.

The world is run by a small group of megalomaniacs and narcissists. Nearly every national leader is one, and most legislative and military bodies are largely composed of them. The sooner we face that, the sooner the rest of us who have feelings and consciences can try to figure out what to do about it.

Personally, I have no idea what to do about it. My admittedly extremely lame approach is to basically ignore it. Get up, work hard, trade a little, party a little, go to sleep, (what was the Meaning of Life? "take some vitamins, be nice to your mum"), vote against some of these asshole incumbents, send a few bucks to Pakistan, try to enjoy myself until I am on the other side of the grass. What else can we do? I'm open to any suggestions that don't involve gurus or guns. We have enough of those already.

All these arguments about Democrats, Republicans, Tea Bags and everything else are misplaced. The groups in power like to throw fat on the fire to keep us arguing with each other and distract us from the real problem: that all the individuals in political power are interested only in themselves and in keeping their fat asses in a position of power. They will kill your sons and daughters (not to mention the sons and daughters of other nations) to do it. Whether we as a nation send funds to Pakistan or not, it gives us (the masses) something to argue about--something that has nothing to do with the real problem. As long as the powers that be can whip up some widespread anger, pride, fear, or whatever the emotion du jour is, there is no danger that you will begin to focus on the real problem.

Maybe traders--some of whom have necessarily learned to operate on something other than emotion--could be a good resource for coming up with some alternatives.

I guess I have really hijacked this thread but I don't know why it's on Wall St. News anyway, except that all news seems to qualify as WS news in this news-driven market.

#28     Aug 19, 2010
  9. toc

toc

Nopes, "Stupid Indians" had all the commandos based around 45 miles from the capital. So when the event occurred it took them one hour to collect their gear and two hours to reach the airport and wait another 2 for slow Russian transporter IL-76 to take them to Mumbai i.e. 6 hours flight.

It took good 12 hours for them to reach the site and by then terrorists had entrenched themselves well and it took another 60 hours to dislodge them. Financial capital was shut down costing $3B easily.

Now tell me who is stupid? Not keeping even a small commando company in the financial capital which is on the sea shore.

btw: commandos were asleep, and this shows how stupid Indians are keeping their elite force ALL ASLEEP meaning there is no 24x7 type readiness even in the elite commando units.

#29     Aug 19, 2010
  10. I think it took that much time for Chinese medical unit reach Haiti from China when haiti had earthquake.

#30     Aug 19, 2010