Why are traders such smug SOB's!?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Aug 1, 2007.

1. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0gS3M3T_aY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0gS3M3T_aY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#31     Aug 2, 2007
  2. thrash the threaaaaad !!!!!!!! yeaaaaa :))

#32     Aug 2, 2007
  3. well people check this out

I am a successful trader and not a jack ass

just kiddin I am a complete A Hole :p

seriously though, most of us pay a big (no wait) A BIG price for success

we ain't got choice but be SOBs after what we went through

#33     Aug 2, 2007
  4. yeah. everyone here is a successful trader and a SOB now! :))

#34     Aug 2, 2007

5. No - you are wrong. What if you have $5m invested. Is $500 a day good? No - could do better in a bank.

Trading is about skill. That is why percentages matter. Anyone can get $500 a day if they have enough capital - it tells you nothing.

#35     Aug 2, 2007
  6. not quite anybody :) I know someone who went broke from 1mil.

But, about the percentage, you are right... It's all about having a constant %.

#36     Aug 2, 2007
  7. Beast84

Beast84

This is the funniest thread on ET by far. All of these clowns acting tough and talking shit about Cashmoney. I bet half of you wouldn't have the balls to say something like that to someone in real life.

You gotta love the internet. Turns punks into studs. Yeah right

#37     Aug 2, 2007
  8. Cash,

I believe that when successful traders try to qualify and minimize your successes by way of their own biases, what they're really trying to do, in a ham-handed fashion, is let you know that it wasn't easy for them to get where they are. It's human nature for them point out the obstacles they overcame. Their reactions are amplified when they recognize similarities between your attitudes, circumstances, and misadventures and their own negative experiences when they were at your current level. Your posts trigger unpleasant memories and feelings of their struggles.

Ever since my brother went over the handlebars of his bike and broke off his front tooth in the driveway (it went through his bottom lip and stuck in the warm asphalt), I have harbored an intense and slightly irrational fear of the potential for dental injuries. Whenever my two-year old daughter does something careless and dangerous that might result in dental injury (which is a daily occurrence for an active two-year old), it reminds me of my brother's experience. My gut-level reaction involves intense negative feelings about the potential harm to her resulting from her actions, anger at her lack of foresight, and the frustration of not being able to control her actions. I have thirty-six years of life experience and she has two. Yelling at her to scare her off from the dangerous activity is the reaction with the most immediate appeal to my emotional brain. However, because I love her and want her to be a confident and successful person, I try to suppress the purely emotional response (I don't always succeed) and react in a manner that is positive, constructive and educational so she learns (hopefully) not to repeat the same dangerous actions.

For most people the path to successful trading is very complicated and involves a lot of emotional pain and self flagellation. Each new level of success brings a new set of challenges. The best of us will point that out to you in a constructive manner, and the worst of us will do so in a destructive and emotional manner. Finally, the sad truth is that there are assholes everywhere you go in this world. Some people who wouldn't be an asshole to your face will be an asshole on an Internet message board; it simply takes less courage to show their true nature here.

Regards,

#38     Aug 2, 2007
  9. This is the most stupid post ever. This guy thinks that government role is to help the less fortunate.

#39     Aug 2, 2007
  10. Rufawana

Rufawana

Dont let the fuckers get you down Cash.
    Trading and wealth is not the norm, most people work their asses off for alot less then $500 a day.

A prick knows he's a prick, his gorgeous girlfriend knows he's a prick (and if it wasn't for his cash, he'd be a lone prick), and his kids know he's afore mentioned phallus. Rich wankers cannot trust their friends or family on an emotional level, thats bankruptcy in my view.

Being a real person and not being affected by the money can only be accomplished by people, like yourself, that reflect on the real value of existence, which (believe it or not) isn't how much money you have.
    The SAS motto sums it up best " He he laughs most, wins"

#40     Aug 2, 2007