Why are traders such smug SOB's!?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Talking to a few traders, they seem to enjoy acting like they're

better than everyone. Dont mention your account size, because if

you do, they'll feel like they have to act as some kind of father

figure, giving them the authority to get in your business. Also

dont talk about your gains, because then they can only think of it

in terms of %'ages.. instead of the fact that 500.00 a day is

GREAT no matter what your account size...i think most people can

live off 5k a month, but no..they only see things in numbers and

not real life situations.

2. Everyone is spoiled in the this country. We somehow tricked the whole world to send us there shit and we send them our debt.

3. Joab

Joab

It's a business of GREED so this is to be expected.

The reality is that the most successful traders (that have been around longer then 5 years min.) are usually very quite and avoid the limelight it's always the young guns that run around like they're Gods Gift.

That being said I do think you need a lot of self confidence to last in this business because it's so tough.

4. You are operating in real life and trying and force your "real life" views on the markets. $500 a day? How arbitrary is that? Who says thats all you should be able to get?
    You sound soft, kinda like a wuss. Trading is for those who are competitive, passionate and agressive. Yet also cold, calculated and meticulous. Trading isnt for the faint of heart and you starting a thread like this just shows you need to toughen up and be a big boy. Otherwise, I and others like me will bleed you dry.

5. Don't listen to the nah-sayers. $5,000 a month is more than enough to live off of. Anyone who can't feed a spouse and the kids on that kind of money needs to listen to Suzy Orman, or maybe not have so many kids. Two kids is enough for anyone.

Anything beyond $5,000 or $6,000 a month should be donated to charity to help the poor, or paid to the gov't for taxes where the money can be spent to help less fortunate people.

6. Lol, you obviously dont live in Manhattan. 5k a month and you just barely get by.

7. Normally, after calling me a "wuss", I'd get mad at you, and start using words such as "Fuck", and "shit", but instead, I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.

First of all, please tell me how I'm forcing my view on the market?. You misread my post.

"Trading is for those who are competitive, passionate and agressive. Yet also cold, calculated and meticulous."

.... OH!, well then yea, if you have these traits, then it's ok to be a Jackass. NOT. pfft.

8. opm8

opm8

Trading is a cutthroat business. If you're going to talk to others in the business don't be delusional and expect them to be warm, giving folk. As a reminder to you, it's a war of wills that we're engaged in here, with money the score.

opm8

9. One of a thousand good reasons to not live in New York, or any other major metro area for that matter. What city dwellers pay for a f'n space the size of my closet, I can live on the god damn ponderosa out on the country a mere 40 miles away.

10. RL8093

RL8093

Seems like ET is a good dry-run for meeting other traders in the 'flesh' .... :D :D

R

#10     Aug 1, 2007