Why are there people against disarming Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 27, 2003.

1. it really bothers me that there are so many thick headed people, who have quickly forgotten 9/11, and do not see Iraq as a very serious threat to world peace. What is with these people?

2. bush has zero credibility - most people are too eager to go against anything bush does that they are ignoring the reality that iraq is a danger to everyone...

when bush basically started to ignore afghanistan and focus on iraq, most people figured it was just a ploy to divert attention from the economy (which in fact it was) so he can get re-elected...

the issue with saddam is very real, and the fact is that bush knew about the problem since the beginning of his presidency and chose to ignore it until it became politically advantageous for him to use iraq as this diversion away from the economy...

the biggest problem facing the disarmament of iraq (which I am for, btw) is bush. everyone hates him and distrusts him so much that they are discrediting the danger of iraq...

i mean, let's face it - bush and his dad and frmr sec of defense cheney knew well all along that iraq is still a threat....yet they ignored this problem - and the safety of you and me - until attacking iraq became part of their political agenda...

and the same is true with afghanistan, iran, and all the other terrorist regimes that reagan, bush, and cheney helped create...

3. for "C" "I'm a democrat and don't want to see Bush succeed"

I couldn't disagree with you more. You probably also think Bush "stole" the election.

you and I are damn lucky we have a great president like Bush with a strong backbone. Gore never would have had the courage to stand up to saddam. I'm most grateful we have Bush to help us in this global fight on terrorism. And it wasn't started by us, it was by 9/11, and we have a right to respond before it gets much worse.

4. taodr

taodr

What about Bin Laden. ? This is the mother fucker ( excuse my language) who initiated and was responsible for 9/11. There is no mention of Bin Laden now. Why ? Suddenly he is irrelevant ? Bush and his helpers are being seen more and more as "cowboys" on the world stage. Unless they show substantial proof of weapons and or helping the terrorists , they will turn more and more world opinion against America. It's just like the stock market, proper governance was supposed to have been there and we all know what happened. A song writer for a famous band in a song called epitaph wrote " Confusion will be my Epitaph, the world I fear is in the hands of Fools"

5. there haven't been many on ET opposed to disarming. preemptively bombing civilian centers, overthrowing the government, and overseeing a transition of power with an open-ended timeframe, maybe.

your question implies that there is a causal relationship between 9/11 and Iraq. is there?

6. Ninja

Ninja

Iraq is just another threat to world peace. No more, no less.

The very serious threat to world peace are stupid people who blindly believe what their selfish government and biased media tell them as the truth.

7. taodr

taodr

Another thought why doesn't Bush go after the Saudi's ? We know most of the hijackers came out of Saudi Arabia. So why doesn't Bush bomb the hell out of Saudi Arabia ?

8. some people just get off by feeling subversive. Their balls tingle when they think they are the elite moral intellectuals who have a monopoly on the truth. These people also tend to have a lot of free time, so they get their message out even though they are an extreme minority of the population ( thank god ).

9. actually i voted for the bottom choice, vito...

i'm glad for bush that he's been able to fool people like you...and i'm glad for saddam that he has a chump like bush making saddam look like the savior of the arab people...

i for one, however, am tired of seeing friends and relatives get laid off, and americans either living in fear or being hated by the rest of the world because of the actions of a few morons like bush who think they speak for the american people....

i'll take you a step farther with your "you and I are damn lucky we have a great president..." line - if we had Gore, most of this wouldn't have happened...that's just my opinion...why, you ask, is that my opinion?? because gore wasn't a complete imbecile like bush. plain and simple.

dumb presidents do dumb things...

10. president.

For you to call a gutsy leader like Bush names, shows your ignorance.

#10     Jan 27, 2003