Why are republicans doing this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mike805, May 14, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Yes this is exactly what i was trying to say, although you are much better at saying it then i am.. :D

Nice to see ya mav, where have you been?

#51     May 14, 2013
  2. I think you're approaching this discussion from the wrong angle.

I want to see technology disrupt the auto industry. I want to see more innovative design. Unfortunately, because of regulation, most new *truly* disruptive technologies simply will not survive without some kind of help.

The car industry is a dying behemoth that needs to get shot in the head. This is the shot that grazed the ear.

Its not about Elon Musk, its about the American innovation engine that is being f--ked over by politicians and old-school thinking.

#52     May 14, 2013
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I got tired of beating up the left wing moonbats. It felt like I was assaulting handicapped children and honestly I felt guilty. So now I pick my spots. This thread was particularly absurd so I stopped by to throw a few punches. :)

#53     May 14, 2013
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's a load of shit. Steve Jobs didn't need "help". Sergie Brin at GOOG didn't need help. Larry Elison didn't need "help". If you want to "help" so bad, why don't you underwrite the risk. Using taxpayer money is not very "libertarian" now is it Mr. Gary Johnson voter.

I also didn't appreciate our President trying to "help" GM with that electric volt car that was a complete waste of taxpayer money. What is it with you liberals wanting to "help" everyone with other people's money. Gary Johnson would tell you to go fuck yourself and write your own check. And yes, he would actually say that. You might want to reconsider your support.

#54     May 14, 2013
  5. What did I say? Go start your annoying gay shit somewhere else.

You get one strike with me. That's it. Maybe tomorrow I'll engage you again. Oh, and, Al Gore is a dips--t.

#55     May 14, 2013
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Exactly what i was thinking..... what is it about ET that brings out all these self proclaimed big government libertarians?

I bet big mike is a huge fan of bill maher.

#56     May 15, 2013
  7. Technology is a double-edged sword of course...

True, DARPA was the originator of the internet (though Gore later "discovered" it and misused the word to mean "invented" :D )

Also many genomic-based drugs originate from the gov't initiating work on the human genome (though Craig Venter went off after that and did it faster - got rich that way too).

But technology is also making people obsolete. Sure manufacturing will come back to the U.S. - but in the form of 3D printing, it won't be the manufacturing that left.

When they can print complex components down at the molecular level and build everything with almost no human intervention, it will be Soylent Green time. :D

#57     May 15, 2013
  8. You really don't understand what it takes to bring a product to market, do you? A personal computer or a search engine is one thing... but, a change to a 100 year old industry so ingrained and slow is another.

One of the reasons both Google and Apple were able to do what they did was because of the first three nodes on the internet and relatively little regulation. Can you guess who funded those nodes?

As far as Gary Johnson: give me one politician who you agree on everything with...

If you call me a liberal one more time, I'll start every post to you with: Dear Tea Bagger, ...

Actually this is an interesting discussion that I have to resume tomorrow. It's late.

#58     May 15, 2013
  9. Do you regret voting for Obama in 2008?

#59     May 15, 2013
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bring a product to market? You think no one would have bought a Tesla without the help of the government? Come on. The Tesla was built by the rich for the rich. Hell he already had record pre-sales before the first car was even built.

And I voted for Johnson. I get offended when liberals like you say you are a Johnson supporter and then in the same sentence spout your big government rhetoric. That's old hat here on ET. The old "I'm really an independent" or the "hey, I'm a former republican, don't yell at me". Just be proud of your liberal heritage.

#60     May 15, 2013