Why are republicans doing this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mike805, May 14, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I wasnt actually making an argument to subsidise ferraris dumb dumb. I was merely pointing out that it would be just as ludacris for the government to subsidise ferraris, as it is for them to cut the cost of teslas in half.

#41     May 14, 2013
  2. No, I live in CA.

I am bent out of shape because I am not a democrat and I *used* to be a republican.

I am bent out of shape because my moderate voice is not heard and common sense is in short supply.

and... worse of all, republicans are voting for a nanny state.

#42     May 14, 2013
  3. Max E.

Max E.

As a liberal from california, the most likely reason you are bent out of shape is because you havent played bum darts in the back seat of a "green" car with another male liberal in the last couple days.

#43     May 14, 2013
  4. Poor argument. A Ferrari does not disrupt conventional fossil fuel based consumption and fossil fuel based performance.

Do you know the history of DARPA? If you did, you'd understand that the government plays a vital role in subsiding tech. Food for thought: It is likely we wouldn't be communicating through this particular medium if that subsidy based approach wasn't the case.

#44     May 14, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well I'm a registered republican. BUT I only voted for two republicans in 2010 and only one (Romney) last Nov. I voted independent/libertarian right down the line, save those aforementioned exceptions. And I'm not even a moderate.

#45     May 14, 2013
  6. Are you for real?

Why do I even bother.

Go fantasize about your gay lover somewhere else.

#46     May 14, 2013
  7. Gary Johnson 2012.

#47     May 14, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ron Paul in the primary. ABO in the election.

Depending on the candidate choices, I may not even vote for the (R) presidential candidate next time - if ever again.

#48     May 14, 2013
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Mike, let me help you out here. NC is doing the same thing Reagan did in the 80's when he put tariffs on Japanese cars to protect American jobs. Tesla is not competing in the free market. It's a tax subsidized car. Neither republicans or democrats are interested in seeing jobs gets lost in NC because someone in Washington has a hard on for Elon Musk.

Of all the issues in the world you can cite for hypocrisy you chose this one? Really?

#49     May 14, 2013
  10. Max E.

Max E.

So you ascribe to the notion that Al Gore created the internet?

Ill let you have that ridiculous argument for now because its late and im too lazy to argue, but i will point out this.

Why is it that the only thing far left liberals like you can come up with as a justification of spending government dollars, is the internet?

There is acres of grave yards of government failures to compare to the one example you want to take credit for.

Why dont you take a look at what happened to all of the green companies that the obama admin stole tax payers dollars to invest in.

They are literally batting zero, and the companies obozo chose to invest in probably couldnt have been worse if someone was actually trying to lose money.

#50     May 14, 2013