Why are quants afraid of Mark Jurik?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kut2k2, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He is a known idiot and a crank...

#51     Nov 16, 2010
  2. Here's a few *idiots* and *losers* for you

Albert Einstein
    Adolf Hitler
    Isaac Newton
    Benjamin Franklin
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    George Washington
    Louis IV
    Peter the Great
    Alexander the Great
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Vincent van Gogh
    Tom Hanks
    Me..... and some others

thank you sir

#52     Nov 16, 2010
  3. Thank you sir for putting Newton and Hitler on the same list. You have offered a whole new perspective of stupidity.

#53     Nov 16, 2010
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Yes, you did:

Quote from Random.Capital:
    HMA supersedes [the JMA] ...

Quote from Random.Capital:
    "Searching US Patents Text Collection...
    Results of Search in US Patents Text Collection db for:
    IN/"Jurik, Mark": 0 patents."

No, you just want to play the childish game of any paraphrasing of what you said is "an outrageous misrepresentation" of what you said. Grown-ups know better. Over and out.

#54     Nov 19, 2010
  5. GTS

GTS

For someone that appears to be so completely in love with Jurik and his work I find it strange that you haven't even bothered to buy any of his products that you find so superior. So all this lavish praise you heap on him is without any first-hand experience using JMA? Strange.

#55     Nov 21, 2010
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Go back and read what I wrote. I'm talking about actively reading and thinking about what he put on his website. Of course for some ETers, actively reading and thinking is too much work to expect, so no benefits will accrue. Like I said, I have my own ama that performs better than any publicly disclosed one, and I got it partially from insights published by Jurik. YMMV. For the record, I never said Jurik's stuff was perfect. I've criticized his PHASE parameter in the past.

#56     Nov 21, 2010
  7. Pizzaboy

Pizzaboy

Real quants don't even know what nor care what jurik is.

#57     Nov 21, 2010
  8. GTS

GTS

So you admit to getting ideas from him and claim to have developed a better AMA but you're too cheap to even buy his stuff for a couple hundred dollars to show your appreciation for his work? Nice.

#58     Nov 21, 2010
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Why would I buy his stuff when I can read between the lines and figure out the rest for myself? I've sung his praises in public. So yes I have been nice. Just how stupid are you, that you think money is the only way to show appreciation? You've read this thread about him only because I started it. Want some cheese with that whine?

#59     Nov 21, 2010
  10. Here you go, download the QQQQ data ET member goodgoing uploaded for another thread and present to us the backtesting results using your ama system. Talk is cheap. I bet you got nothing. So did the other guy in that thread. Nothing, nada, absolutely zero...if I can judge from your basic errors in deriving your Kelly formula...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3007178#post3007178

#60     Nov 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.