Why are people on elitetrader dooshbags

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sky123987, May 6, 2008.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

OKay, while I have to agree with the premise of the thread, that douchbag.com thread is just a HOOT. "Uberdouche"???
    Ohmigod. Major hilarious.

"HCwDB" will live in my vernacular. For a week, anyway.

#11     May 12, 2008
  2. Aisone

Aisone

I've wondered this many times myself - does ET incubate @ssholes, or just attract them?

I think the answer is neither. It seems successful trading foster's a cockiness like no other industry I know of. I've had my successes and sometimes battle being a condescending prick as well, but of course the more personally insecure a 'successful trader' is, the more of an @sshole he's going to be because he needs the attention.

Then there's the 'ultra-successful' traders who are members here that know their success speaks for itself, and usually show class when they post their thought and opinions.

I think everyone needs a real good pounding in the market on occasion to restore any dissipating trading humility, and there seems no better way to do it than losing a big chunk of change that one has gloated over making. :)

#12     Jun 5, 2008
  3. The thread title makes no sense according to this:

"A douche bag is a piece of equipment for douching: a bag for holding the water or fluid used in douching. To avoid transferring intestinal bacteria into the vagina, the same bag must not be used for a vaginal douche and an enema."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche

Ahhhh....wait. It says that the term douche bag can also be used as an insult:

"Douche bag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in Australia, the United States, Canada and New Zealand. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The metaphor of identifying a person as a douche is intended to associate a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and malice. Douche nozzle[7] is a more recent pejorative which is roughly similar to Douche bag."

Okay, sorry about that. I understand now.

OP, you should be all inclusive and modern, and expand this thread to include 'Douche Nozzles." JMHO.

#13     Jun 5, 2008
  4. olias

olias

I choose to spell it 'doosh' myself. Makes it more comical.

Sometimes I'll go with 'Stoopid' too. It's a style thing.

I'm thinking about converting from 'loser' to 'looser' also. I always get a chuckle when some doosh spells 'loser' as 'looser'

:)

#14     Jun 5, 2008
  5. This always brings a smile to my face when thinking about traders ... and the Elitetrader forums are a reflection on how traders are and what irks traders ...

Don't you ever change, guys!
    :D

Who else would kick the living shit out of Greenpeace protesters combating climate change? Gotta love 'em! Traders are no pussies that you mess around with ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2005/feb/17/activists.climatechange

As three Greenpeace climbers hung a banner from the roof declaring "Climate change kills. Stop pushing oil", more than a dozen people were hurt when angry traders pulled a large metal bookcase on top of protesters and guards waded in to punch and kick people trapped in corridors.
    Activists expressed shock at the reaction. "They were in a frenzy. They just went wild. They were trying so hard to hit us they were falling over each other," said Peter Mulhall, a commercial manager from Liverpool protesting at the amount of oil being traded.

#15     Jun 5, 2008
  6. PanPizza

PanPizza

The ratio here is 90/10. Dooshbags are not only allowed here but encouraged to have fun despite the TOS. Without them, this place would not be a money maker for Baron. And beileve me, Baron does very well.

All the trading sites that ban dooshbags (which is all the rest) don't make money. Those places primarily exist as serious communities and are quiet a great deal of the time.

So, ET is the home of the dosshbags, the posers, the dreamers, and the lonely and you name it. Baron is a smart cookie to create a business model that works and caters to that audience, which effectively are the losers and malcontents.

Real winners are low key, content with their success and don't brag about their tradng prowess or dazzle others with mumbo jumbo and esoterica. They also don't act like roid raged wrestlers and make threats to kick ass. They treat others respectfully and spend as little time here as possible.

#16     Jun 8, 2008
  7. Thank you for your striking post! Welcome to ET! Always good to have a fresh pair of eyes to guide us in how we should act here.

Allenhobbs is a perfect example of how an ET member should not act.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/search.ph...=2412095&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

#17     Jun 9, 2008
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

why are so many douche bags on here?

i think it is because of the allowed DOMINANCE and protection of a few ignorant non traders who have some how exalted themselves into cult status.

from the protection that these guys get from some female mod it appears that there is some sort of financial compensation going on.

it is sad what this forum has been allowed to become.

mb

#18     Jun 10, 2008
  9. PanPizza

PanPizza

Mark, you have been a member for quite some time. Care to mention names and give some specifics?

#19     Jun 10, 2008
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

no but look around and don't drink the kool aid.

#20     Jun 10, 2008