Why are people freaking out so much?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drukes1234, Oct 8, 2008.

1. There will be an opportunity. Its not here yet. For most people they will miss that opportunity. Think about that.

#11     Oct 9, 2008
  2. gbos

gbos

From 99 to December 2007 Berkshire Hathaway book value was up 100% even if the index is practically unchanged, so it depends what and when you are buying. Imagine the returns if Buffett was managing a 2 million $ stock portfolio instead of a 2 hundred billion portfolio. I am a long term investor myself and I have a lot more money now than ten years ago.

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. And the difference to today is what exactly?

The economy will slow, but you will make money because you have cash??? huh?

:confused:

#13     Oct 9, 2008
  4. And the fact that all this was a fluke based on easy credit does not bother you at all?

#14     Oct 9, 2008
  5. Yes, that Warren Buffet is a moron. He knows dick about the markets or making money in them. The guy also knows dick about when to buy into a company. 'Buy and Hold bullshit'!! Well said, sir. Well said.

#15     Oct 9, 2008

6. lol, another paper trader.

This board is now about 90% of you guys.

all under 28 trying to be the "next soros".

wtf. is no one going to college anymore?

#16     Oct 9, 2008
  7. mind

mind

:)))

#17     Oct 9, 2008
  8. mind

mind

^:)^ ... am i the one who invented the flying smiley?

#18     Oct 9, 2008

9. No. A real long term investor. And you are? (Judging by your name, nobody special). :p

#19     Oct 9, 2008

10. He does make money in them. But he makes it look as if he just picks out companies that are undervalued and that's it. Come on, give me a break. When you have that kind of money you can make any board of directors jump on command. The risks he takes are much less and you know it.

So it just happens that the richest man in the world got rich on wallstreet, by being so honest and so darn good, while the rest of Wallstreet is oh so dishonest... yeah right.

You really fell for the Buffett PR campaign.

#20     Oct 9, 2008