Why are oil and commodity producers climbing faster than global stock market indices?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Steve Ladd, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Well, some of this also falls on the stupid of the consumer. Like this horseshit that has been going on for years over at Kraft foods...

When you are in your local supermarket, you look at the standard box of Kraft Mac n' Cheese...7.25 oz, for whatever price. Say, $1.50.

Now, right next to them, will be the damned "children version", in Spongebob Square-pants shapes. Same sized box, same color, and same damned cost...$1.50 But for only 5.5 oz.

THAT is gouging and BS, and NOT inflation. Well, per se.

#11     Feb 23, 2021
  2. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Hmm.

The "children version" requires a unique extruder and finishing process. Its a premium.

You want Spongebob? You've got to pay over and above the conventionally extruded but delicious Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

#12     Feb 23, 2021
  3. maxinger

maxinger

you will be missing lots of opportunities if you are inquisitive.

let the professional writers be inquisitive to ask such questions and
    answer it.
    They will be able to come up with lots of trivial questions.

We just focus on catching the trading opportunities.

trading and reasoning / rationalizing don't mix.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    #13     Feb 23, 2021
    dennis86 and murray t turtle like this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

wtf... lol
    Ya gotta love ET.

#14     Feb 23, 2021
  5. Thank you for a straight answer. Half of me says you are right, half says we need theories to guide our science.

#15     Feb 23, 2021
  6. I made a mint in commodity-related stocks in 2020 too, but my stop orders executed a couple weeks ago and I have, unfortunately, hesitated to get back in.

#16     Feb 23, 2021
  7. %%
    I agree;
    about 95% of the time.
    Actually thinking/reason outside market hours can PAY BIG TIME.
    Most any good sector goes up + down more than benchmarks.
    I like what one oil trader noted ''oil is not really correlated to stocks\oil has no earnings''

#17     Feb 23, 2021
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Finally, the energy complex is getting some love. That BP I've owned for a while is starting to look better. Perhaps I can get out in the high 20s if the opportunity presents itself. At least XOM knows its an oil company. BP is more interested in overpaying for wind farms.

Muppets.

#18     Feb 24, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Then explain how a company like Ronzoni or Barilla can make every shape and type of pasta imaginable and sell it for the same price per pound? Every different shape of pasta there requires a different "and unique" extruding process as you call it.

Why does sheet pasta, spaghetti, and bowtie shapes, as examples, all cost the consumer the same per 1 lb box?

Your argument doesn't wash.

#19     Feb 24, 2021
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    #20     Feb 24, 2021