Why are moderators posting so much?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by EngineerLarry, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Bingo! The marketsurfer alias has been stalked and harassed for years by moderator OracleWizard77--- complaints to mgt have gone unheeded. If the joker didn't have a moderator badge, I could care less. But getting harassed and having it condoned by management is like sanctioned govt or police abuse. It needs to end.

surf

#21     Apr 7, 2013
  2. Abuse supported by the site is the problem------ remember many read this site-- snide comments and outright abuse by moderators only reflects poorly on management and th site. If we care about this site, these mods must be banned.

#22     Apr 7, 2013
  3. Maybe you can tone down your rhetoric on such topics as TA? I'm sure if you did so, the mod would back off. Actually, I believe he said that on your thread. Life is about compromise.

#23     Apr 7, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

One man's abuser is another man's advocate.

#24     Apr 7, 2013
  5. Why? That's what makes this site a success--- everyone has equal rights to opinion. If someone wants to read tea leaves they should be allowed to advocate that. However the problem comes as he is speaking in an official capacity--- remove the mod badge and I support whatever attacks ( within the rules) he wishes. Sing Tao had a great idea.

As a moderator he should be neutral in his opinions because the mod badge gives him official capacity here. Police don't paint political slogans on their squad cars for his same reason. Off duty, cops can say and do whatever, but once in uniform they need to remain neutral over opinion. This joker calls folks " retards" and has been overtly aggressive to myself and others. His most egregious posts have been taken down, so I don't have them for examples. But I think you understand my point whether you saw the ridiculous posts or not. I am shocked baron doesn't get this--- he is generally quite wise when it comes to dealing with issues.

Not to mention, the clown moderator has zero value add here --- other than now when I am calling attention to the problem. One more cop abuse against myself or anyone else by the rogue cop will equal my last day of participation in this forum. It makes me that angry to see power abused.

#25     Apr 7, 2013
  6. As long as a mod isn't altering posts but rather is just engaging in the same kind of banter as others, I see no problem. As long as he isn't posting this way in the forums he is entrusted to moderate. The rest of the forums should be fair game to him. Just like a NY cop can't go to LA and enforce the law; he/she is just another citizen there.

Again, let me just stress that he only appears to be posting this way towards you because you have engaged in the same combative rhetoric ad naseum. It's your right, of course, however I feel it's his right to respond to you in the way he sees fit as long as it's not violating the rules here and doesn't conflict with the aforementioned moderator duties.

#26     Apr 7, 2013
  7. I completely disagree with you. This is one site and one jurisdiction under Baron. A rouge mod spouting opinions and personally ripping on others needs to be stomped out. Lets hope he gets the message and tones down the bully cop activities. surf

#27     Apr 7, 2013
  8. If this were "one site and one jurisdiction", why are the forums broken down by different moderators?

I don't think moderators should lose their right to post like others, considering it's an unpaid position. Otherwise you're essentially telling mods that they no longer can participate as normal users for little upside, actually zero upside in forums which they don't moderate. That doesn't seem fair.

#28     Apr 7, 2013

9. Correct, but regardless of the forum -- they ( moderators) need to be held to higher standards to set examples. If they want to jump into the fray, then be allowed to use another alias ( without the mod designation, it can even be the same name without the badge---its the badge thats the issue here) by doing so it shows that elite does not sanction the words) It's the sanctioned abuse of others that I have an issue with. Abuse peer to peer I really could care less as long as it remains within the rules. Bottom line is bully cops are the worst. I remain very surprised that Baron does not understand my point.

#29     Apr 7, 2013
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The rouge mods are the worst. With this forum background, that just clashes.

#30     Apr 7, 2013